I have alot of people ask for a similar design. I have started to play around with the idea as far as where the driver, junction box would go. Thats as far as I've gotten do to ☝.

Let me ask you this, what kind of COB spacing would you like to see in a design like this?
12 inches would be fine it would essentially make it 36 inches maybe 38 to accommodate the edges of the unit. It would perfect for a 2x4 tent and two of them would be perfect for a 4x4.. Many many did I say many growers use 2x4 tents

12 inches would be fine it would essentially make it 36 inches maybe 38 to accommodate the edges of the unit. It would perfect for a 2x4 tent and two of them would be perfect for a 4x4.. Many many did I say many growers use 2x4 tents

Ok, thanks. My load should lighten up a little now that the mod 420 is released, will play with this idea more.

I plan on using the HLG-240H-C1050B is there an SST junction box with built in potentiometer for this driver?
There is a specific size of junction boxes that is compatible with Mod 4. I will post details soon.
I am redesigning the junction box to reduce the price.
Yes I will send you a junction box with built in potentiometer for your DIY.

I plan on using the HLG-240H-C1050B is there an SST junction box with built in potentiometer for this driver?

I just checked the datasheet from MW and and it's the same as all other HLG drivers I have looked at. 3 in 1 dimming using variable voltage 1-10v, 10v PWM (pulse width modulation), or a potentiometer to vary resistance.

@PhotonLabs dimmers are very nice, about 300° of rotation and dims the entire way, gives real fine control. I find myself playing with them a lot, dimming for a day or two durning transplant, things like that.

I just checked the datasheet from MW and and it's the same as all other HLG drivers I have looked at. 3 in 1 dimming using variable voltage 1-10v, 10v PWM (pulse width modulation), or a potentiometer to vary resistance.

@PhotonLabs dimmers are very nice, about 300° of rotation and dims the entire way, gives real fine control. I find myself playing with them a lot, dimming for a day or two durning transplant, things like that.
I like it just mount it and wire everything up.. I think it will help a lot of on the fence people to want to build a light cause it simplifies the process..

pretty nice.
the sst x heat sinks that can carry 3590's 120 watts is what I would like. 5 weeks out before availability. I am in line waiting.
really want to push these 3590's to the brink just to c. know what I mean

I like it just mount it and wire everything up.. I think it will help a lot of on the fence people to want to build a light cause it simplifies the process..

The biggest problem I see people having is the drilling and tapping of heatsinks. Thats why I gravitated toward @PhotonLabs heatsinks, amazingly he has been able to keep them on the leading edge for 6 months now. His bolt pattern layouts are awsome and I'm running 120mm and 140mm at 63w per COB, neither is what I would call hot. You can grab them anywhere and leave your hand there all day.

looking great. simplistic and effective looking design. thanks for sharing buddy.

Thanks, can't wait to see these test builds!

pretty nice.
the sst x heat sinks that can carry 3590's 120 watts is what I would like. 5 weeks out before availability. I am in line waiting.
really want to push these 3590's to the brink just to c. know what I mean

I like your style! Notice @PhotonLabs and myself arent big into driving them soft. I took down 4k of HID and hung LEDs, power consumption wasn't an issue, light output was.

Back