New Grower milkmann's Medicine Cabinet grow #1 (RQS Stress Killer Auto, high CBD)

Reaction score
Hi all.

This is now my third grow. Last two have been completed, and relatively successful, but no where near what I should have been getting. First grow got me 1oz from 2 plants and the second got me 2oz from 3. I was growing in coco, using LEDs, auto pots, GH series nutrients and was growing in a tent.

My grow space is in my bedroom, on the third floor. Less than ideal, as my bedroom alone reaches up to 27c in summer. A tent was pretty damn obvious, so I proceeded to design this cabinet with my very limited DIY knowledge. There is a link to the cabinet in my sig, but essentially it's running CFLs, and measures at 80cm x 75cm x 45cm.

Now to the interesting stuff:

Only growing 1 plant each time now. The idea is to have less medicine, more often. So 1 plant harvested every 6 weeks, instead of 2/3 every 3 months. So a new seed (and new diary) will be planted every 6 weeks.

Strain Information:
Breeder: Royal Queen Seeds
Strain: Stress Killer Auto
HIGH-CBD STRAIN

Grow Medium

- BioBizz -
lightmix soil, grow, bloom, top-max (general feed)
- Ecothrive Charge (to be used every 2-3 weeks)
- Microbe Life Photosynthesis + (used once a week)
- Additional perlite
- 12L Rhizopot/Airpot

Environment

2x 140cm PC fans (for exhausting)
3x 4" internal circulation fans
2x passive intakes

Humidity so far has been at a consistent 30-40 %. Temps are around 25-29c with just the small strips on. Ambient bedroom temps have been around 24-27 so it's pretty hot here. Getting an air con/cooling thing soon so hopefully will reduce temps a bit (for bedroom). I know it's not ideal but it's all I've got.

She's been going for just under a week now, last day of 24/0 light before 20/4. Been spraying her every day, 2 or 3 times. She's had 2 waterings so far, one on day 4, of 250ml, and one today (day 6) of 500ml. As it's pretty dry in the cabinet at the minute I figured there may be a need for a bit more water. Of course, feel free to correct me.

That's all I've got for the minute. Hopefully she will grow to become a beautiful, strong, independent lady.

Hope to have you all along for the ride!

I have also included a picture of her taken about 5 days ago (because it's cute:pighug:).

milkmann
:smoking::pass:

IMG_20160508_210627.jpgIMG_20160508_210758.jpgIMG_20160504_004819.jpgIMG_20160508_210735.jpgIMG_20160508_210718.jpg IMG_20160508_211414.jpg IMG_20160508_211432.jpg

Hi Milkman :smoking:

Nice set up bro and cool your going with a perpetual grow.:thumbsup:

Pretty good for your first DIY build (Im assuming it is your first build?):d5:

I used to use BioBizz litemix (good stuff), are you using BioBizz nutes with it? or carrying on using the GH nutrients?

I see three lamp holders and was wondering what Wattage CFL's you will be using and what colour ie "Cool White" or "Warm White" etc, or a mix of those, or if you like, you can supply the Kelvin temp , it'll be on the box ie "5000K" or "2700K".

What is the height of your space? Those a re some pretty big pots for a tight space.

Are you using a carbon filter to neutralize the smell? May be something to consider if your not.

That is a cute pic of your new born , welcome to the world little one , they sure do grow up so fast.:growing:

I am wondering if you will be using any LST (Low Stress Techniques) to keep her in check, if not check the forums for "Topping", "Fimming" and "LST bending"

I'm liking what I see:thumbsup: AFN is a great place to learn new thing and get help from our friendly members! Be sure you have a good look round the forums and other grow journals, you'll be surprised what new hints and tips you will find & pick up.

I wish you all the best with your grow :greenthumb::pass:

Arty

PS why not drop in to Live Stoner Gossip and meet some new friends, we just chat and have a laugh and all are welcome.
Here's a link for you - https://www.autoflower.org/threads/live-stoner-gossip.35098/page-1483 This is the most up to date page, but it moves fast, that's having fun for ya:bighug:

Last edited:
Nice set up bud I am following along and of course here to help but doesn't look like you need any.

I've had very good luck with RQS genetics. Each one has been an easy grow. Good luck, I look forward to seeing how they do for you. :thumbsup:

@ChillFred have you managed to grow any RQS yet? If so, how did they go?

@arty zan Thank you, yes it's my first build. It's my first attempt at anything DIY! It's not perfect but it will hopefully get me a steady supply of medicine. Nutrient wise, I'm going with the BB grow, bloom & topmax, as well as Ecothrive Charge and Photosynthesis Plus. The middle socket is not going to be used as it will make temps too high. I'll be using 3 or 4 bulbs each in the other two sockets, each 25w 6500k for veg and got some 2700k for flowering too. Height of my space is 80cm. The reason behind the plant 'pod' design thing is so that I can use LST on the plant and use the hooks on the sides to loop the string around, train the plant around the pot, and hopefully keep the CFLs in amongst the plant. Carbon filter wise, I have an ona-blocker holder that I built over the PC fans at the back. Have you any experience with small space grows?
@Ripper @Rifleman thanks guys! Hope to have you guys along for this one!

Okay so little update, 10 days in now. Temps been around 24-30c depending on how hot my bedroom has got (I try to keep windows open all times possible). SO far she's been sprayed 3 times a day, and been given 1x 500ml watering and 1x 1L watering. Humidity has stayed around 30-40% so might need to be watering her slightly more? Any advice would be appreciated on that note.

I note that some of the leaves are slightly curled taco-esque. Does this perhaps represent a heat problem? Ive now adjusted the pot so there's a light breeze on the plant at all times.

Now for the interesting part - pictures!

IMG_20160513_000612.jpgIMG_20160513_000624.jpgIMG_20160513_000638.jpg

All and any advice is welcome, cheers guys!

Happy smoking :smoking:

@ChillFred have you managed to grow any RQS yet? If so, how did they go?
Nope but i have a 3-pack of their bubble Kush i'm looking forward to growing. But i have seen plenty RQS grows, and had a friend who insists on only growing RQS and they seem to know their Autos. Easy to grow, good producers, etc.
Good luck my friend!

Back