Indoor Mike20132 grows: Dutch Passion - Colorado Cookies Auto Fem in DWC

Colorado Cookies is filling in nice, and that Forum Stomper looks to be gaining some traction too, good job :pass:

Colorado Cookies is filling in nice, and that Forum Stomper looks to be gaining some traction too, good job :pass:
Thanks.

I am just a tad concerned that the snowstorm is maybe just a tad too effective. By now the CC would be twice as tall, and spindly. Every grow before this evolved that way. Ultimately, the colas started filling out and all was right in the world.

The concern is that I won't get the yield I might otherwise get. I do intend to ride this one to the end and see what happens.

Next grow, which should start late summer, I'll do two of the same strain, one with the inhibitor and one without.

In case you're curious, the active ingredient in snowstorm is Paclobutrazol. It is clearly reducing internode growth, which is what it's supposed to do. I have a feeling I should have waited a bit before applying this.

The folks over at Greenleaf make a similar product (probably better and cheaper, but I digress) and they suggest that the right time to start using it is in late flower, a few weeks before harvest.

My hope was to reduce the height of the plants, and I look to have succeeded in a way that might come back to bite me in the ass.

I am considering discontinuing it and perhaps re-introducing it in late flower.

Thanks.

I am just a tad concerned that the snowstorm is maybe just a tad too effective. By now the CC would be twice as tall, and spindly. Every grow before this evolved that way. Ultimately, the colas started filling out and all was right in the world.

The concern is that I won't get the yield I might otherwise get. I do intend to ride this one to the end and see what happens.

Next grow, which should start late summer, I'll do two of the same strain, one with the inhibitor and one without.

In case you're curious, the active ingredient in snowstorm is Paclobutrazol. It is clearly reducing internode growth, which is what it's supposed to do. I have a feeling I should have waited a bit before applying this.

The folks over at Greenleaf make a similar product (probably better and cheaper, but I digress) and they suggest that the right time to start using it is in late flower, a few weeks before harvest.

My hope was to reduce the height of the plants, and I look to have succeeded in a way that might come back to bite me in the ass.

I am considering discontinuing it and perhaps re-introducing it in late flower.

I have never heard of the product, but it sounds like it would work in certain situations, especially for smaller areas. I am familiar with plant hormones, and how they are used by us or naturally by the plants. It's been awhile since I have studied them tho; I need to brush up as it's all very interesting.

I have never heard of the product, but it sounds like it would work in certain situations, especially for smaller areas. I am familiar with plant hormones, and how they are used by us or naturally by the plants. It's been awhile since I have studied them tho; I need to brush up as it's all very interesting.
My naivety led me to believe that the claims made by the manufacturer would be a little less than advertised. I could not have been more wrong. This does exactly what it's supposed to do, at least so far.

Whether it's a good thing for my style of growing has yet to be shown. Won't know anything important until it starts getting into flowering.

My naivety led me to believe that the claims made by the manufacturer would be a little less than advertised. I could not have been more wrong. This does exactly what it's supposed to do, at least so far.

Whether it's a good thing for my style of growing has yet to be shown. Won't know anything important until it starts getting into flowering.

Will be interesting to see how it works going into flower. So far I've been most impressed with Heisenberg Tea and it's components, I guess being able to see the root growth makes it easy to be impressed!

Day 42: Colorado Cookies
Day 21: Forum Stomper

Colorado Cookies:

Nutrient solution:

Megacrop 1: 0.75 g/L
Sweet Candy: 0.35g/L
Algae Extract: 0.10 g/L
SnowStorm: 0.5ml/L
Inoculate: 0.5ml/L

She's zooming right along nicely! I can't wait to see what she does in flower...

20190616_193120.jpg

20190616_193115.jpg

20190616_193109.jpg

Forum Stomper.

Nutrient Solution:

Megacrop 1: 0.50 g/L

While a bit behind due to a slow start, she looks to be off to the races now.

Time will tell, but its looking good so far.

20190616_193130.jpg

20190616_193125.jpg

A very nice recovery, I think.

Day 42: Colorado Cookies
Day 21: Forum Stomper

Colorado Cookies:

Nutrient solution:

Megacrop 1: 0.75 g/L

She's zooming right along nicely! I can't wait to see what she does in flower...

View attachment 1072222

View attachment 1072223

View attachment 1072224

Forum Stomper.

Nutrient Solution:

Megacrop 1: 0.50 g/L

While a bit behind due to a slow start, she looks to be off to the races now.

Time will tell, but its looking good so far.

View attachment 1072220

View attachment 1072221

A very nice recovery, I think.

Good to see the FS starting to take off, hope she keeps going for you :karmacloud:
CC is filling your tent, I get the same thing, square plants! Do you plan on any defoliation or training?

Good to see the FS starting to take off, hope she keeps going for you :karmacloud:
CC is filling your tent, I get the same thing, square plants! Do you plan on any defoliation or training?

At least neither of them are likely to run out of vertical space!

I am really curious what the snowstorm does to the flowers.

I'll trim some fans sooner or later, and any training I do will just be to keep the spires pointing upwards...

Peace!

Back