NEWS Mexico just published the law that is expected to pass within days

Check out the Michigan gov web site . section :smoking:333.27955 sec 5 paragraph b says not more than 12 plants . I think that would mean up to 12 .

They just published the new law:
marijuana-moment-favicon-2.png
Marijuana Moment – 18 Oct 19
mexico_1516911091-e1544984941464.jpg

Mexican Committees Unveil Marijuana Legalization Bill Ahead Of Supreme Court...
Several Mexican Senate committees unveiled draft legislation late on Thursday to legalize marijuana. Leaders of the Health, Justice, Public Security and Legislative Studies Committees announced last week that they would remain in permanent session to...

This is the take away:
—Adults 18 and older can possess cannabis for personal use, cultivate up to four plants and purchase marijuana from licensed retailers.

—An independent body called the “Cannabis Institute” would be charged with issuing licenses, setting potency limits and monitoring the implementation of the law, among other responsibilities.
—Low-income individuals, small farmers and indigenous people would have licensing priority.
—Strict restrictions would be imposed on cannabis packaging. That includes requiring nondescript, standardized containers that do not feature depictions of real or fictional people or testimonials.
—Marijuana can only be consumed in private spaces.
—Only medical cannabis patients would be allowed to purchase infused edibles and beverages.
—Unregistered seeds or plants would be subject to forfeiture.
—No pesticides could be used on cannabis plants.

What do you all think about edibles for medical only? I PERSONALLY think there should be some kind of check and balance for edibles. Before y’all jump on me remember, this is my opinion and everyone knows as such it don’t mean shit except to me. The reasons I have for saying this are both personal and public. I have been smoking pot for over fifty years and in all that time the only times I have wanted the effects to stop has been on edibles. On the flip side some of the most fun times I’ve had on cannabis have been on edibles. My major concern is the uneducated and inexperienced. How many of us know people that edibles were their first experience and because of an overindulgence won’t even talk about pot again? How many of us know of accidental ingestions? My friends mother came to visit a few months back and was looking for something to snack on and found a frozen brownie stuck in the back of the freezer. She microed it and ate it and 45 minutes later she was higher than a laboratory rat. Her first experience. 71 years old. They were about 30 seconds away from hopping in the car and driving to the hospital. Poor woman will never be the same. I remember in the recent past lying on the bathroom floor because it was cool, sweating like a pig, hoping if I got sick I could get my head up over the toilet rim. LOL. I admit I took that upon myself with completely wide open eyes and don’t really see it as a bad time, just long. But what about the amateurs? In the end I have never seen a first timer overdose on smoke or vape but mucho on edibles. I don’t have the answers, do you? Maybe Mexico is on the right track by making you consult and get a card. Who knows? Gotta go. My magical butter machine timer just dinged. ;)

Bingo, neighbors both north and south will be legal ..... US is next or at least reschedule...... Even Republicans are crying we don’t know enough to legalize and we need more research but can’t research because of schedule one status, catch 22 ....

Eatables are an issue in my eyes - Not sure how to handle but eatables can be dangerous, IMO .....

Keep the faith ..... We are one day closer!

Check out the Michigan gov web site . section :smoking:333.27955 sec 5 paragraph b says not more than 12 plants . I think that would mean up to 12 .

Per NORMAL

Cultivation
An adult may grow up to 12 marijuana plants at the adult's residence for personal use.

An adult may not grow marijuana plants "if the plants are visible from a public place" or if the plants are growing outside of a secure area. A violation of this section is punishable as a civil offense with a fine not to exceed $100 and forfeiture of the marijuana.

The cultivation of up to 24 plants is a civil infraction with no incarceration and maximum $500 fine.

The cultivation of 25 - 200 plants is a felony, which is punishable by a maximum sentence of 7 years imprisonment and a maximum fine of $500,000.

But then posted on same page claims less then 12 plants and just below 12-24 plants so some confusion for sure:

ADE2632B-68C1-4740-8E5F-C5C6F657AE65.jpeg

Edibles have never killed me but they sure made me wish I was in an alternate universe...... for hours.

This is the issue .... little 7 year old get ahold of a few candies and they be off to candy dandy land - hospital and bad press to follow and even arrest of Parents ..... Remember year and years ago when our small dog ate out of stash bowl, he was miserable for hours to follow and this was in the Reagan era!

Sure I get impatient about the USA do nothing legislature dragging their feet on the hootch law but thank God the states are moving . Twenty years ago I would not have :smoking::smoking:ever thought we would be as far as we are now . Do ya think that El Chapos sons shout out and release had anything to do with them moving to legalization , heck ya the Mexicans should be given a big atta boy for doin something . Sorry just a little rant , I can burn one legally but everyone in the USA should be able to . If it was legal in the USA then the piss test would be flushed at the state level I hope !

Last edited:
Back