Reaction score
Currently Smoking
My hay like harvest from earlier this year
Hey Everybody!

I'm back with an upgraded setup, so I'm really excited for this run. Here's the details of my setup

1. I have finally purchased a grow tent, Mars 4x4. I grow in the shed in my backyard so the tent has been key in keeping temp and humidity up near optimal levels.
2. Using my Mars TS3000 LED (I think 450 at the wall)
3. Fox Farms Coco Loco (amended coco + perlite mix)
4. Currently in Solo cups, but will be transplanting into 5 gallon fabric pots
5. I have a little ceramic heater that sits on a paver stone (I figured that would make it safer, who knows. It's better than using propane!)
6. Purchased a humidifier that I can set the desired % and all that good stuff
7. I have a HUGE inline fan (8") which is way too much fan for my 4x4 so I have it set on a timer to run 8 times a day for about 5 minutes. I'm not sure if this is ideal, but I really can't spare any $ to buy a new fan appropriate for my tent size. Maybe in a couple weeks I will invest in one.
8. I have a little 6" fan inside the tent, but I know I will need to at minimum add one more, but may need an oscillating fan in there as well?
9. Running 2 Mephisto Sour Stompers and 2 Mephisto Northern Cheese Haze x Sour Bubbly

I'm looking forward to this grow, and they are starting their second week post germination! Will attach pics soon.

Transplanted my seedlings this morning into 5 gallon fabric pots. Week 3 of life starts in a few days.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210101-115718_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210101-115718_Gallery.jpg
    660.5 KB · Views: 38
What size shed do you have, and what does your overnight low's get down to?

I'm also a shed grower, about 6 seasons now. Every year i learn a bit more and make upgrades to improve environment.. low humidity in cold temp's being my biggest issue currently. Take a look at my journal, might find something that may help you.

Do you have speed control on the 8'' inline? I would run it at low speed but continuously...
Good start!:d5:
I don't have a speed controller. It is running on a timer. It runs 8 times a day for 5 minutes. The guy at the fmgrow shop said that would do better than speed controller, but now that it's set up I think he may have been wrong.

What size shed do you have, and what does your overnight low's get down to?

I'm also a shed grower, about 6 seasons now. Every year i learn a bit more and make upgrades to improve environment.. low humidity in cold temp's being my biggest issue currently. Take a look at my journal, might find something that may help you.
My shed is about 8 x 8 x 12 feet or so. At this time my environment is pretty good. Much better than it's ever been before really. Probably because of having a tent now.

I've got the same two Meph beans. I'm just dropped one Sour Stomper in 7gal fabric pot, two Hubbabubbasmelloscope in EarthBoxes and Roc's Grape Kong in a 7gal in a fabric pot. All in living soil and the EBs will get worms and bokashi.
Good luck on the grow!

Last edited:
Hey Everybody!

I'm back with an upgraded setup, so I'm really excited for this run. Here's the details of my setup

1. I have finally purchased a grow tent, Mars 4x4. I grow in the shed in my backyard so the tent has been key in keeping temp and humidity up near optimal levels.
2. Using my Mars TS3000 LED (I think 450 at the wall)
3. Fox Farms Coco Loco (amended coco + perlite mix)
4. Currently in Solo cups, but will be transplanting into 5 gallon fabric pots
5. I have a little ceramic heater that sits on a paver stone (I figured that would make it safer, who knows. It's better than using propane!)
6. Purchased a humidifier that I can set the desired % and all that good stuff
7. I have a HUGE inline fan (8") which is way too much fan for my 4x4 so I have it set on a timer to run 8 times a day for about 5 minutes. I'm not sure if this is ideal, but I really can't spare any $ to buy a new fan appropriate for my tent size. Maybe in a couple weeks I will invest in one.
8. I have a little 6" fan inside the tent, but I know I will need to at minimum add one more, but may need an oscillating fan in there as well?
9. Running 2 Mephisto Sour Stompers and 2 Mephisto Northern Cheese Haze x Sour Bubbly

I'm looking forward to this grow, and they are starting their second week post germination! Will attach pics soon.

jam a round 6 inch fan in one of your upper vent ducts if it will fit and leave it on low or something..while leaving a lower duct open for passive intake.
Then leave a couple 6 inchers pointed at your plants. the 8 inch will be pointless in that configuration and will only give you temp and humidity fluctuations.

I run a 4x4 as well..

Last edited:
I've got the same two Meph beans. I'm just dropped one Sour Stomper in 7gal fabric pot, two Hubbabubbasmelloscope in EarthBoxes and Roc's Grape Kong in a 7gal in a fabric pot. All in living soil and the EBs will get worms and bokashi.
Good luck on the grow!
Thank you! You as well. I have heard really great things about Hubbabubbasmelloscope, but it's always out of stock when I try to order.

Shove a 6 in

jam a round 6 inch fan in one of your upper vent ducts if it will fit and leave it on low or something..while leaving a lower duct open for passive intake.
Then leave a couple 6 inchers pointed at your plants. the 8 inch will be pointless in that configuration and will only give you temp and humidity fluctuations.

I run a 4x4 as well..
okay nice, I really like this idea. My 8" is way overkill obviously, but I used it this past summer to get as much fresh air in the shed as possible. Are you talking about one of those 6" inline fans, or just a 6" regular fan?

Back