Indoor Mephisto S.O.D.K., Humboldt Seeds Bubba's Gift, Greenhouse Seeds Super Lemon Haze. Mmm yummy.

IraqJack

Panda Brigade
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
HBSS, Sour Stomper, 3 Bears OG
So I had started a thread in the photoperiod forum on my return to growing and documenting the additions and changes I'm implementing to help anyone out there who maybe considering any of the techniques, tactics, and procedures I'll be using throughout this grow journal. So I figured I'd start another thread here that will be more all encompassing, and answer any newer growers questions if there are any.
In the past I would typically only grow my photoperiod plants using a technique called mainlining or fluxing whichever term you prefer. This helped me control height and grow multiple strains, on top of getting very respectable yields. The caveat is this technique works best for plants grown from seed. With direction that I would like to go in the future, I need to master the art of SCROGing. Which means I also am going to be mastering cloning in the near future so that I can start keeping genetics I really love. It's always bothered me when I'd be harvesting some beautiful buds, and know that I could have kept the genetics to enjoy again. Not to mention all of the many benefits to really knowing the individual genetics you're working with. That being said I will not be delving into cloning this cycle at all (maybe). I'm focusing on mastering SCROGing with the hopes of getting a monster yield with only 1 plant per space. I do have all the equipment I need for propagating clones, so I may practice getting some cuttings to root for fun we'll see. :crying:

So here is a quick breakdown of my grow. Usually I have roughly 10 plants going in a rotation, and it was a huge amount of work, because I was not working smart. I was hand watering, mixing by the gallon. This would take up to 2 hours a day of my time. It literally burned me out, and I took about 9 months off of growing. Now I'm back, with a new plan. I'm cutting my plants in half, using a different growing technique, and implementing a gravity drip system to start, drain to waste, but will be setting up an automatic system set on a timer possibly during this cycle.

Back