Outdoor Mephisto in the SC Mountains

5 weeks

Sprayed neem oil for some gnats that mostly AvT was having issues with, seems to have worked well. Some brown on the leaves.
Also got a nice dose of compost tea this week.

AvT was approaching 4 feet and continuing to stretch between nodes, so I took the last 2 off. She now just has 4 mains.
Height is 2 feet. Still no signs of male, all looking good.
AvT_5.jpg

Crem is growing nicely after the mainlining, much less space between nodes.
Height is 18 inches.
CdlC_5.jpg

Sour Stomper is still nice and squat. The only one that was not topped at all. I am tying branches/leaves away to get more light in below. Currently has 4-5 mains.
Continues weird growth with 2 mains from one node, "cabbage" leaves, etc.
Height is 15 inches
SS_5.jpg

6 Weeks

Craziest May weather we have seen here in 30+ years.
Multiple storms, temps in the low to mid 50's, and 4" of rain in a week is more like February!

However, all plants are still chugging along and starting to flower.
When the natural rain flush finally stops, I'll let them dry out for a few days then apply a nice aerated tea to keep the soil healthy.

AvT is now 26 inches with four mains.
With topping at the 4th node, it is now the 2nd and 3rd that are left to grow.
AvT-1.jpg
AvT-2.jpg

Crem is 21 inches and showing the most flower so far.
crem-1.jpg
Crem2.jpg

Sour Stomper is 18 inches and still strange.
Showing some purple color already.
Sour-1 (1).jpg
Sour-2.jpg

Looking good metal shop the girls, yes May here in Australia for us stuck in ground hog weather light showers and cloudy days, more like in summer months !

7 Weeks

Weather is finally getting better, but May turned out to be more like February this year. Cold, rainy and nasty.

In addition to weather problems, the timing aspect of this "test" grow did not work out for the best. I was planning on getting maximum sunlight for the end of the grow/flowering, but I should have flipped that. I think the plants would have done much better getting max sun from the beginning, which means starting them now instead of in April.
But they are still chugging along, we'll see what happens! This is all a test, I've got lots more seed. :biggrin:

AvT showing weird growth still. I keep looking for male signs, but still nothing. Just looks like super ripe calyxes. Like maybe it started early, then reverted back to veg and is starting to flower again? Height is 29 inches.
AvT-1.jpg
AvT-2.jpg

Crem is the only one that looks normal to me. Slightly bug eaten, but flowering right along. Height is 24 inches.
cdlc-1.jpg
cdlc-2.jpg

Sour Stomper is in the same boat as AvT, weird flower development with some super fat calyxes. I looked at some of the trichs, and they seemed 100% cloudy. Height is 21 inches.
ss-1.jpg
ss-2.jpg

Last edited:
8 Weeks

Weather finally back to normal.

I ended up chopping down AvT and Sour Stomper because they both appeared to be some form of hermaphrodite.
Zero hairs on AvT, just a few orange ones on Sour. The weather and the soil are both suspect. I think it was the weather and at least 15 days with night temps in the 40's that really did it. Found out just how sensitive autos can be. Lesson learned for round 2.

AvT with male parts.
AvT-male.jpg

Crem is still going strong and starting to swell nicely. Smells awesome!
Crem-1.jpg
crem-2.jpg

Started a pair of Skywalker and Sour Stomper seeds last week.
Using the knowledge from this run to get a second crop out of the summer.
Temps will be better, sunlight will be maximum hours, and soil will not be suspect. Can't wait to see how they go, autoflowers are awesome!

9 weeks

Weather is now roasting hot.
We went from rain and 50F a few weeks ago, to 95F and red flag fire danger this week. Gotta love global warming!

Crem appears to be loving the heat, must be that time spent in Spain. :thumbsup:
Height is 23 inches and swelling.
crem_10-3.jpg
crem_10.jpg
crem_10-2.jpg

10 weeks

Weather has been good.

Crem is still cruising along, getting closer!
I took off some of the larger fan leaves that were bug bitten.
Still pushing out hairs and swelling.

crem-3.jpg
crem-1.jpg

crem-2.jpg

Harvest post delayed by server issues....

Crem was cut @ about 11 1/2 weeks. She didn't do too much. Maybe edible or party joint worthy....

However, crop [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG] is well under way with 2 Sours Stompers and 1 Skywalker.
Here is the Sky @ 6 weeks. These are doing muuuuuch better. 2nd time is the charm?

sky.jpg

Back