Outdoor Mephisto in the SC Mountains

Everyone is up!
I am calling this Day 1 of Week 1. The clock starts now....

IMG_20190408_112742592_HDR.jpg

Week [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG]

And then there were 3.
Skywalker did not quite have enough strength in the Force to pull through. It popped fine, and pushed up through the dirt, but then stayed there for 5 days without signs of opening or leaves. I was misting with aloe water to help the shell fall off, but it never happened.

I am still quite impressed with the germination rate, I was considering starting qty2 of each, but am glad I did not.

IMG_20190415_083443598_HDR.jpg

Creme de le Chem Sour Stomper Alien vs Triangle

Putting them outside for 3-4 hours of late afternoon sun as weather permits, then back inside under the light.
Fun in the sun, I wish they all could be California girls!

IMG_20190413_165231374.jpg

2 weeks

IMG_20190421_203945167_HDR.jpg

Creme, Sour Stomper, Alien vs Triangle

Crem is still leading the charge, showing her indica dominance. Nice and thick and bushy, 2 weeks and the stem is fatter than a pencil!
IMG_20190421_204046423_HDR.jpg

A vs T about the same height as Crem, but more spacing between growth. Sativa coming through.
IMG_20190421_204055369_HDR.jpg

Sour Stomper is the runt of the litter. Weird leaf growth for the first week, now starting to take off. Still quite short compared to the others.
IMG_20190422_085231141.jpg

They are all getting transplanted outside today. Temps have been 55F night/75F day or so for the last week, hopefully the cold and storms are done for the season.

I have been cooking the soil in a garbage can with some straw mulch on top for the past month.
Fed the soil twice with a simple AACT consisting of 3 cups compost, 1 cup EWC, 2 oz fish "stuff", 2 oz molasses, and 5 gallons good water.
I put a fish tank heater in the tea bucket after seeing @Eyes on Fire do the same.
24 hrs of bubbling @ 70-75F, the veggie garden loves it also!

Very impressed with the "no transplant" transplant procedure. Even the runt had lots of roots showing, and there did not seem to be any noticeable shock afterwards. Very simple to use a spare pot to make the correct size hole, and then just plunk it in there.

This picture of Chem in a 35l pot is less than 14 hours after transplanting (and 15 days after sprouting).
It also turned out to be the hottest day of the year so far @ 85F+.
However, the autos were all perked up straight and leaning in towards the sun! Just some minimal leaf curl around noon.
fun_in_the_sun.jpg

3 weeks

Massive vertical growth from Crem and AvT!
Both are around 18" in height with 6-7" between nodes and huge stems. Kinda strange, we'll see what happens.
Sour Stomper is still chugging along looking like a very fat indica, 8" tall and 1/8" between nodes.

Crem de la Chem
crem.jpg

Alien vs Triangle
a v t.jpg

Sour Stomper
stomper.jpg

4 weeks

Crem and AvT have preflowers and some aroma.

At about 3.5 weeks, AvT was topped, and Crem was main lined. Both of these plants had shown crazy stretch (8+ inches) between existing nodes.

Crem slowed down for sure, and appears to be recovering from the main line hacking.
A vs T has continued to stretch to 12" between nodes! Looking for signs of male, but nothing yet.

mainlined.JPG

Crem de le Chem, 14" after being mainlined

avt.JPG

Alien vs Triangle, 26" after being topped (massive main stem)

sour.JPG

Sour Stomper, 14" and chugging along with just some lower trimming

Looking good, no better light than the sun!

Few pointers that may help in future grows. If the shell gets stuck mist with water and use toothpick to remove.

Best way to mainline IMO is to top at 4th knode then either strip off all lowers or mainline all 4 sets. When taken later it tends to shock autos into flower mode.

Looking good, no better light than the sun!

Few pointers that may help in future grows. If the shell gets stuck mist with water and use toothpick to remove.

Best way to mainline IMO is to top at 4th knode then either strip off all lowers or mainline all 4 sets. When taken later it tends to shock autos into flower mode.

Yeah, I probably should have cut CdlC earlier and left the larger 3rd node shoots. It still seemed to work pretty well, so next time will be even better.
This whole crop is an experiment of sorts!

Back