I'm concerned bout these faulty germin beans, I've had DP seeds lift up the wet paper towle , when sitting on top of the fridge.
I'm also concerned. I mean I'm only new but I have 1 out of 5 so far. It's only been 3 days but 24hrs in water, 24 in paper towel and 3 in the soil I should have something by now. Oh well guess that's why they throw in freebies.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I'm also concerned. I mean I'm only new but I have 1 out of 5 so far. It's only been 3 days but 24hrs in water, 24 in paper towel and 3 in the soil I should have something by now. Oh well guess that's why they throw in freebies.

How warm are they staying and how deep are you planting? I have 6 of 6 and only did 24 in the water then 12 in the paper towel and had 6 decent sized taproots. I keep the DVD case with the paper towels on the cable box or on top of my tent....also something to keep in mind is summer is the worst time to buy seeds because if they get stuck in the back of the truck that goes up to 130°....well you get the picture. Also my buddies @AutoRick and @JoshNHL who are also in the comp have had almost 100% germ rates with Mephisto other than when @JoshNHL steamed them on his HOT cable box. If your cable box gets hot, wrap the DVD case in a tshirt. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

I was recently having germ issues with almost all my seeds, regardless of breeder, using this technique. Then I talked to a few "master" growers and was educated on the problem. The "24 hr soak" and "paper towel" method are redundant. It's really one or the other, and not both. When the seed sinks to the bottom durring soak, that means it has absorbed all the water it needs to complete the germ process. Its ready for potting.. No need to soak it in a paper towel afterwards. Its overkill. I picked the 24 hr soak method and cut out the paper towel part. I've been planting shortly after the seeds sink and have had a like 98% germ rate since. Up from like %50. The Mephisto germ guide doesnt use the 24 hr soak.. Its straight to paper towel and highly successful as well. I'm convinced that its best to do one or the other, and not both.

I was recently having germ issues with almost all my seeds, regardless of breeder, using this technique. Then I talked to a few "master" growers and was educated on the problem. The "24 hr soak" and "paper towel" method are redundant. It's really one or the other, and not both. When the seed sinks to the bottom durring soak, that means it has absorbed all the water it needs to complete the germ process. Its ready for potting.. No need to soak it in a paper towel afterwards. Its overkill. I picked the 24 hr soak method and cut out the paper towel part. I've been planting shortly after the seeds sink and have had a like 98% germ rate since. Up from like %50. The Mephisto germ guide doesnt use the 24 hr soak.. Its straight to paper towel and highly successful as well. I'm convinced that its best to do one or the other, and not both.
Noted.

I do not soak or use a paper towel.. I place them in a root riot then place the root riot in the forever pot.. 50 squirts with a squirt bottle twice a day and place a clear plastic cup over them and boom they sprout every time.

Back