Mephisto Genetics Mephisto Genetics 2016 re-cap and what's coming in 2017. It's going to be big!

I'm just coming across this.

You guys killed it this year. I'm glad I could be apart of it. I can't wait for next year! Lookin forward to the drops illuminauto and artisanal drops. The big collectors pack, right up my alley!

I've got something you might be interested in...

There is a company fairly local that does genetic testing. Phylos bioscience. They have something they call the "Phylos Galaxy". They are mapping thousands of strains and can tell you what exactly your plant is. (Go check it out)

I want to send a plant or two of yours in and get in the galaxy. I'm not sure how many autoflowers they have but it will be exciting to see exactly what the lineage is.

I said it this year but this next year I will definitely get a couple plants tested for cannabinoid content and hoepfuly some terpenes too. Test prices have gone done slightly which makes it more attractive. I just hate giving up such great flower especially when it's my medicine. :lol:

Keep up the great work as always guys.

Fan boy for life!:pighug:

P.s.

I might be able to help with a cup contest too. There is quite a few up here that I could enter, I would love to have an autoflower knockout some photos! That will put autoflowers on the map.:thumbsup:

I've got tears of joy. When u thought it couldn't get any better!!

Reactions: gbd
A box with every strain would be great.

Reactions: gbd
The mephisto 2016 in brief and what's coming for 2017 thread!

Hey guys, first of all sorry I feel like I've been a bit MIA of late! I think the year has just caught up with me. (And us), Black Friday took what felt like an eternity to get sorted out, and I've just been cracking on at the farm with pre-Christmas pollinations, de-seeding, fine sorting, projects and on and on and normal life stuff too.

2016 -

It's been without a doubt the most bananas year so far in the mephisto camp,
The most stressful but equally the most productive year to date. Me and tim have both had periodic bouts of eye twitching and the like

It feels like we've finally got the majority of things down, the farm is running nicely (as nicely as it can..there's always something but it's just the nature of the beast and always a work in progress but vastly modernized and improved) , we seem to be reaching a wider audience of customers - there's still many places and people we are unknown to but we keep chipping away at it, Of course massive shout outs to all you afn'ers our friends and clients a like.

As long as we are improving bit by bit and seeing slow and steady growth that's the main thing and that seems to be the mephisto way.

So once again thanks for the love and support it never goes unnoticed.

2017 -

2017 will see the beginning of the official year 3 of Mephisto - (actual year 6/7) how time flies.

And we have a lot in store!

I'll try and list things in a predicted chronological order - (allow a bit of wiggle room for some items)

1. 2017 calendars will be available At the very beginning of the year when the shop is re-opened. - any contributors to it of course we'll be in touch and get you a calendar or two in the mail.

2. Some months ago we got in touch with moonshine clothing - http://www.moonshineclothing.co.uk - the guys there use a really nice flex 'n flock process/finish - not cheap but the quality is super nice. They're doing a limited edition run of 4 new t-shirt designs for us. I haven't an exact eta on when they'll be ready but they're in the works as I type now.

3. The second artisanal drop - I can't believe it will almost have been a year in April that the first artisanal strains were released. This year we have two drops in store. The first will be feb-March and consists of the sour livers, auto livers and northern cheese haze. There's also been a long time wanted (by me) limited edition spawned from the f4 artisanal run of those just mentioned.

4. Illuminautos - there will definitely be another illuminautos drop - hopefully in the first half of the year - it's something we're always beavering away at with each run as people have really liked them I think it's safe to say.

5. Collection boxes - we're wanting to offer discounted collection boxes of the different strain lines. Just for the collectors or for people wanting an extra discount - we still need to figure out the pricing but there'll be a nice discount on them - I can't really predict the demand but it's something I wanted to do anyway regardless. We'll have a separate box for illuminautos, originals, limited and artisanal lines. And still in mind but not sorted yet is I wanted to create a very special big daddy of them all collection box to offer every line and strain available (and a few that have been out of stock too)

6. Mephisto regs - I mentioned this in the last live stoners chat interview I did - we seem to be getting more and more requests for regulars. Originally we only had time and space to make fems for release - plus everyone told us fems were only what the market demanded...well maybe the normal market, but being a breeder and loving to work with regs I don't think it fair to deny that fun time. It's likely this will be late in the year and it may be a small testing the water drop starting with regs of the originals only but it's on my mind to do.

7. Artisanal drop 2 - in the new year we'll immediately be starting the next 3 final runs of new Artis. These will include our gg#4 project, yeti og project and creme de la chem. So pending growing and testing we'll be looking at may-June I think

8. Weedworld follow up article - we recently caught up with our writer friend who freelances for weedworld - a U.K. Canna publication, he wrote an article a couple of years ago in the same mag after hearing of our story at an event we were at, and he and them were interested in a follow up - it will be pretty short and sweet but I'll announce it all the same

9. Continued project development - we'll be running the f2's early in the year of our Walter/amnesia project, sour strawberry kush project, orange diesel and cookies project. The livers bx2 f1 seeds and the cannatonic crosses. Also I want to get really hazey this year and make f1's involving g13 haze, mango haze, old school haze - outdoor projects with a couple of danish strains I will get going soon. - GBD will also be cranking some awesome projects stateside that shouldn't be missed either.

10. I think we need to enter a cup somehow somewhere!

I'm sure there's more but I forget! If there's anything YOU think that WE need to do in 2017 - let us know your thoughts :D you guys individual and collective brains are a powerful entity for keeping us on the straight and narrow.

Cheers, much love and have a great festive season and 2017 from us.
Mitch & co.
X
Man you just made my year lol! I'm super stoked about the collection boxes as well as all the new Artisanal and illuminato's!!! Gonna need to get a second job to get in on these awesome strains! Cheers to all your hard work guys! I can't wait![emoji111][emoji2]

I think something more colorful would be nice just as an option. I don't need any regs at this time. Something I would buy however would be feminized pollen. I could cross stuff myself. I don't know anyone that sells it either. I'd pay 50 bucks for a half full seed container of fem pollen.
I'm on board with TreyDogg! Would be nice to be able to buy it instead of making it.

I'm on board with TreyDogg! Would be nice to be able to buy it instead of making it.

Hey I replied to treydogg asking the same q via pm,

Unfortunately often it's difficult enough to get enough pollen for what we need - and it's always better to use it when it's super fresh straight from reversed plant to pollenation candidates -

Regular pollen is always better for storing /keeping and staying viable, feminised pollen just doesn't keep as well.

The few times we've sent or received pollen either regular or feminised it's often barely viable by the time it's used.

Cheers Mitch

Hey I replied to treydogg asking the same q via pm,

Unfortunately often it's difficult enough to get enough pollen for what we need - and it's always better to use it when it's super fresh straight from reversed plant to pollenation candidates -

Regular pollen is always better for storing /keeping and staying viable, feminised pollen just doesn't keep as well.

The few times we've sent or received pollen either regular or feminised it's often barely viable by the time it's used.

Cheers Mitch
Thanks for the info good to know. That is a shame but only the best will do. I am very interested in breeding but not sure where to start. I know basics on using CS, but can you point me in the right direction. Are there books on breeding, if so what ones should I look for?

@mephisto any idea when t-shirts will be available?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Back