Mephisto Fantasmo Express and Tyrone Special in Stonington Blend

Chop Day! Day #72
Well we got them across the finish line. I say we because it sure was a joint effort (hee, hee) with you guys and me. All plants had high % cloudy trich's and I may have seen a couple of amber ones on one of the Tyrone specials. Or, it might have been my eyes or the light or the weed as in looking too hard and seeing what you want. Anyway the girls are here to show you their goodness.

Fantasmo Express as she came out of the tent and after fan leaves removed on right, which is a backlighted photo of the same plant (but rotated) showing her naked buds.
FEuntrimmed.jpg IMG_0007.JPG
I was impressed with all the buds hidden in there. They are all very dense and hard too. This is under 400w MH&HPS in a 2 ft x 2.5 ft tent.
Now here are the two strain-mates together. Looks like I will have enough to vape for awhile.
FE-X2-trimmed.jpg
27.5 inches on left and 26.5 on right. Wet weight 201g and 240 g. Guessing the 25% dry to wet ratio may hold, I'm hoping to see 3.8 oz from these girls.

Tyrone Special, seems that I didn't do so well with these two. They only got to 12 inches but they have nice hard buds and a nice structure.
Wet they were 158 g and 132 g so maybe I'll get 2.5 oz. dry between the two of 'em. Certainly enough to evaluate and enjoy. I got these seeds because they were well reviewed and a limited-time-offering and didn't want to pass them up. I have seeds left and plan on trying one again next grow.
TStwins.jpg
The one on the right got only water all through the veg cycle and the one on the left got some mild nutes early enough to yield 20% more wet bud weight. Not sure but the RapidStart may have helped the early root development. I'll try to wash the roots and see if there is any noticeable difference in rootballs.

One thing that truly amazed me was that the even the small buds low on the plant had reasonable density. Between the four plants I only got three 'popcorn' buds. Definitely some strong genetics at work and a big thumbs up to Mitch and crew at Mephisto Genetics.

So for the next few days they are drying in the dark tent with carbon filter's exhaust fan on low. Probably going into jars at the end of the week. Cheers everyone and thanks for your help.
Peace

Very nice Bekay.. let us know how they smoke..:slap:

Very nice Bekay.. let us know how they smoke..:slap:
Thanks so much! I plan on trying my first ever Smoke Report after they have cured for a bit.

Final Results

TS harvest ready for manicure and the jars,
0001.JPG
FE harvest ready for manicure and the jars,
0003.JPG
Happy harvest of FE, two plants, 3.55 oz That's a bunch for my modest needs.
0005.JPG 0004.JPG
TS yielded 2.55 oz for two plants. Total grow 6.1 oz of Mephisto charm, BooYah! (is there an elbow pump emoji?) 23.5% dry weight to wet weight.

I put them into jars with Boveda 62 humidifier packets. I began removing the Boveda packs and lids for 20 min. twice a day. After I would seal the jar substituting a humidity meter and wait until it stabilized, take a reading and then replace the Boveda. At the start I saw 93% RH in the jar and over two weeks the process has gone to 65% on my meter. The little meter that fits in the jars reads 2% higher than the one I keep in the tent. Not sure which is right, anyway the cure is underway and I have some smokeable bud. Very nice buzz from each. I will fill out a smoke report next month. Favoring the TS vape at this point but haven't dialed in the vape temperatures, dosages yet but it is a great mission to experiment daily!

Final Thoughts on Stonington Blend
The plants seemed to love the soil and I had some great growth in the first 5 weeks. I believe the plants exhausted the nutes in the 5 gal. fabric pots. Coast-of-Maine said that a 15 gal. container would see the plants through to harvest but I had to appeal to the experts monitoring the Infirmary to get them back from def's. I therefore did not get to complete comparison I had hoped to do. I also had a fungus gnat issue. A caregiver is starting a SB grow and yesterday he mentioned that he has gnats for the first time (usually grows in Promix) so I shared the Neem Oil and yellow Sticky Cards fix.
Pro's:
Plants loved it and grew fast (up to 1.5-2.0 inches in 24 hrs. for the FE's).
Organic
Local​
Con's:
Expensive and it would take up a lot of space. Not enough room in my little tent for 15 gal pots.
Fungus Gnats.
Requires a knowledgeable grower to recognize the early signs of deficiencies and respond correctly when the soil runs out.​
I will return to Promix BX and liquid nutes because I can isolate cause-and-effect better with my limited experience. Thanks to all who watched my grow and especially to the helpful brothers that gave advice and helped me get the girls across the finish line.
Peace.

@Chester thanks for the rep points. This has been wonderful experience for an old dog, so much help and love and good medicine to boot!

Enjoy the stone Bekay...:slap:

Thanks so much for the slap of love, Duggy.

Back