Lighting MedGrower does AutoUltimate (ms006/HS1/DWC)

From Dutch Passions website:
"Autofem seeds can best be grown Indoors under a system of 20-hours light/4-hour darkness over a 10 week period."

I just ran with that because I trust DP and I just dont know any better.

This is also from DP site:

Dutch Passion autoflowering seeds are stable enough to handle permanent daylight, and some growers feel that a 24-hour daylight schedule maximises the harvest potential.
The 24 hour light schedule used for automatics allows them twice the photosynthesis of traditional photoperiod varieties. This, combined with the genetic advances in autoflowering explains the exceptional yields that are possible from the best modern AutoFem varieties

@Gonzo As a newcomer to autos I feel that from all the light cycles proposed, 20/4 would be safest bet for me. Maybe someday I would be bold enough to try 24h.. not yet..

@Gonzo As a newcomer to autos I feel that from all the light cycles proposed, 20/4 would be safest bet for me. Maybe someday I would be bold enough to try 24h.. not yet..
There is only one downfall to the 24 hour light schedule.
It is very dangerous leaving your Lights/ballast on as they heat up something serious.
Things like that do need a break every couple of hours just to cool down.
Even Grow Northern only recommend you use their LED for 18 hours if i rmemebr reading that correctly on their site.

So you are right Medgrower it is safest for new growers to do the 20/4.
My way of keeping things safe was operating two seperate HPS lights, while one was off the other was on.

@Grim Reefer that makes a lot of sense with HPS and is really wise of you to switch between them.

With LEDs it can be argued that if cooling is stable, continuous use would avoid the problem of thermal expansion of materials that increases the wear of components. But since I am not an engineer I can just speculate on these things! Again bro, I like how you think! Very practical thinking!

Today I added another 7 litres to the watertank bringing the overall volume to 28 litres. Once the roots started showing I quickly realized that the waterlevel was a bit too low. Now the there is about an inch of space between the water and the netpot and the both roots are almost reaching to the water now.

Next update coming on next weekend I guess....until then....:sleeping:

DAY 8

pH 6.2
EC 0,5
RH 50

Girls are showing some clawing due to lower RH 50 and due to their young root system. I am certain they will be just fine after a while, I may start very light supplemental foliar sprays with rhizotonic & diamond nectar also so it might help them.

Tomorrow I will also give a new nutrient feed that goes as follows:

21 litres feed:
Canna Aqua Vega 15ml
Canna Rhizotonic 60ml
Canna Cannazyme 45ml
Essentials Silicone + 60ml
GHE Diamond Nectar 30ml

Aim is to keep the same EC but introduce supplemental elements already. I've used to simmer the photoperiods for the first two weeks in their babywater but these girls are developing so much in just a week that I better keep up with them. Autoflowers are craaazy :cool1:

PICS:
AU 8 top.JPG

AU 8 right.JPG

AU 8 left.JPG

AU 8 roots.JPG

Great stuff ! I ran my My ABBK and HBSS for 20 days on 24/7 and they certainly have taken off. Hope my HS1's haven't taken a beating? I've still got a lot of love for the 0006 need to dust her off for another project. Love your DP branded unit! Sweet set up bro! Enjoy

Back