Do you prefer Fan with Thermostat Control or Fan with Speed Control? Why? I like the Fan with Thermostat Control because it has timer, high/low temperature alarm, etc.
inline duct fan.png
I personally want both as an option...well ideally of course :biggrin:
Mars Hydro really should look at AC Infinity's Controller 67 and copy/replicate it in a just slightly more budget version without sacrificing to much of the functionality, maybe even something that could be hooked up to a Rasperry Pi thing

My new Mars Hydro 4x4, FC-E4800, 6” extractor with temp controller growing some photoperiods…
C13DF5D3-75A3-4B72-97D6-98C8CCE4B2E0.jpeg
6D914E67-25C1-448E-A101-B75A352222EA.jpeg

My new Mars Hydro 4x4, FC-E4800, 6” extractor with temp controller growing some photoperiods…View attachment 1409499View attachment 1409500
With running the fan by temps, don't you need to control the humidity separately?

I know the answer is yes, but if you use the most basic set up, you control the temp and humidity by fan speed with humidifier at a set rate and lung room in a general temp range.

What I'm getting at is, if I went to a temp controlled exhaust, I'd need to change both of the humidifiers in both of my tents. One is a simple ultrasonic with three rates and the other has 9 rate settings and can be self controlled, but it's not accurate enough to control it well enough. Neither can operate with an off and on controller.
I have my grow room pretty much dialed-in to keep tents pretty stable with temp controlling the lung room, humidifiers at a set rate and variable fan set at a rate that controls the tent temps.

If I were to change my exhaust fan, I think I'd want one that has both features, speed and temp control. I think it would be a bit more stable. Sure, you could set the speed too low and it would never shut off, but you could also set it at a too low temp to never have it shut off.

With running the fan by temps, don't you need to control the humidity separately?

I know the answer is yes, but if you use the most basic set up, you control the temp and humidity by fan speed with humidifier at a set rate and lung room in a general temp range.

What I'm getting at is, if I went to a temp controlled exhaust, I'd need to change both of the humidifiers in both of my tents. One is a simple ultrasonic with three rates and the other has 9 rate settings and can be self controlled, but it's not accurate enough to control it well enough. Neither can operate with an off and on controller.
I have my grow room pretty much dialed-in to keep tents pretty stable with temp controlling the lung room, humidifiers at a set rate and variable fan set at a rate that controls the tent temps.

If I were to change my exhaust fan, I think I'd want one that has both features, speed and temp control. I think it would be a bit more stable. Sure, you could set the speed too low and it would never shut off, but you could also set it at a too low temp to never have it shut off.
@WildBill , I believe the controller is fully programmable to your setup and is also capable of temp and humidity. I do my humidity control manually on the fly due to being in an open basement. If I had a lung room, which I am considering building… it would be more simple to control.

As long as the German warehouse is stocked. :thumbsup:
I've looked on the website and didn't find the thermostat controller separately :shrug:
Only could find it in combination with an inline fan @ 142€ --> LINK

Regards,

B

Back