Christmas Sales starts!
christmas.jpg

Mars Hydro School Season I Episode 4: DIY Mars Hydro Led Grow Light?

As always another great video. :thumbsup:

Tina the use of kapton tape is not allowed here on Afn. If people are converting their panels it is highly recommended to use a holder with thermal interface material. You are correct wiring needs to be neat and secure, mounting of the cobs should be as centered as possible. From an efficiency stand point most diy'ers are converting to gain efficiency. With a Cree or citizen cob in place of these specific leds the thermal conductivity and convection is less meaning less stress on the cooling system and less wasted energy. Since the drivers are being reused there is no way to run the cobs harder than the leds and since cobs are cooler running than single epistar leds I don't think there is any concern about overheating the panel.

My sphere is down for maintenance lol so is there any way to get a comparison between the a converted panel vs a stock panel as far as efficiency goes? I understand the wattage on your converted vs stock panel is much much lower but that can be calculated by watt in the end. Is there a way to get sphere data as far as efficiency goes on your light alone? Radiant watts, efficiency and ppf/w is enough. Most of us know what the spectrum of the cobs are. Green is another subject but for anyone wanting to learn more Kasajima did a lot of testing on this and left plenty of educational reading. http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/pdf/10.1626/pps.12.54

Keep up the good work.

Last edited:
Back