Outdoor Maria's Spring Madness: SS Jack 47, Mandarin XL, Dark Devil, FB Green Crack, G14, C-4, DP AutoMazar

You vegged for three weeks indoors, then outside. Same as me here.
But how long were they still vegging outside, before starting to flower?

You vegged for three weeks indoors, then outside. Same as me here.
But how long were they still vegging outside, before starting to flower?

They were Dinafem Big Kush photoperiod so they vegged from being planted out in May to when the days start to get shorter here which is about the middle of august.

Are all of yours autos? If so, obviously no need to worry about that. Also, I don't know what the ground's like where you are but I hardly feed them at all, just a dash of tomato food every couple of weeks maybe, Mother Nature pretty much takes care of it all, our guerrilla patch is a couple of miles from home tho so we don't go there very regularly. If it was more accessible I'd feed them more but they do fine without, most stuff's already in the ground.

Main problem is rabbits. They'll scoff the leaves as soon as they pop up so if those holes are rabbit holes, you're gonna need to make some little fences of some kind.

I use chicken wire in a circle about 18-20" in diameter and about the same height, pegged down with tent pegs or canes to stop it moving. Once the rabbits are out of the picture you've got a fighting chance unless you've got deer.. then it's game over!

(Probably don't get deer in sub tropical places tho, eh?)

The other main problem is bugs. You'll have a totally different set of bugs there so I can't really help much apart from, I don't reckon bug sprays really work outdoors. They wash off in the rain and also kill the natural predators of the bugs that eat your plants so it's pissing in the wind imo.. might be different where you are... from the size of that moth, looks like caterpillars might be an issue.

So yeah, the main battle is stopping the plants from getting eaten, other than that, it's plain sailing.

Good luck Maria, I'm subbed up, let's see what happens.

Hey there @Vlad The Inhaler

They were Dinafem Big Kush photoperiod so they vegged from being planted out in May to when the days start to get shorter here which is about the middle of august.

Okay, yeah, they look like they must have had a couple of nice months to veg.
I'm always impressed by UK outdoor grows, because UK weather is .... well, you know! :p

Are all of yours autos? If so, obviously no need to worry about that. Also, I don't know what the ground's like where you are but I hardly feed them at all, just a dash of tomato food every couple of weeks maybe, Mother Nature pretty much takes care of it all, our guerrilla patch is a couple of miles from home tho so we don't go there very regularly. If it was more accessible I'd feed them more but they do fine without, most stuff's already in the ground.

This grow journal is all autos. My Mandala Safaris and Eary Top Tao are autos. Link in my sig.
Mandala say that one should use low levels of fert, if at all, or best just good soil.
My site may be too close. I shouldn't visit them that often. But, just planted out, want to check all is okay.

Main problem is rabbits. They'll scoff the leaves as soon as they pop up so if those holes are rabbit holes, you're gonna need to make some little fences of some kind.

I use chicken wire in a circle about 18-20" in diameter and about the same height, pegged down with tent pegs or canes to stop it moving. Once the rabbits are out of the picture you've got a fighting chance unless you've got deer.. then it's game over!

(Probably don't get deer in sub tropical places tho, eh?)

Don't have bunnies here. Or deer. The holes are maybe... hard to say.
Some kind of local badger / weasel / skunk critter thing, maybe. Or snakes.
We had some cobras around this area last summer.
I like snakes. Shiva wears snakes and smokes bhang. Gotta be good for ya!

The other main problem is bugs. You'll have a totally different set of bugs there so I can't really help much apart from, I don't reckon bug sprays really work outdoors. They wash off in the rain and also kill the natural predators of the bugs that eat your plants so it's pissing in the wind imo.. might be different where you are... from the size of that moth, looks like caterpillars might be an issue.

So yeah, the main battle is stopping the plants from getting eaten, other than that, it's plain sailing.

We do have bugs, though. Last summer after vegging indoors for 3 weeks I put my autos out.
At that time, it's the height of summer and bugs, but they were okay.
Just a few nibbles here and there. I neem sprayed them before they went out. It helps.
Caterpillars, grasshoppers, stuff like that.

But look at the photos. A couple of days out, and just a bite or two so far.

Good luck Maria, I'm subbed up, let's see what happens.

Thanks Vlad. Thanks for stopping by. Hope your plants are doing well!

Day 1 - SS Jack 47, Cream Mandarin XL, Dark Devil; FB Green Crack, G14, C-4; DP AutoMazar; MoC Blue Amnesia

I'm calling this day 1, as 7/8 have popped out of the ground.
A couple were out yesterday already, the Cream Mandarin XL and the G14 IIRC.
Now, if I can remember which photo is which seed, they should look like this:

Sweet Seeds
Jack 47
20170404 Autos (6) SS J47.jpg

The Jack 47 is the only one not out of the ground yet.
I'm sure it's just putting down roots, nothing to worry about.
Hope she's out later today!! Have big hopes for this one
- Jack Herer X AK47. Yummy!

Cream Mandarin XL
20170404 Autos (4) SS CM.jpg

The Cream Mandarin XL popped yesterday. Has helmet head for now.

Dark Devil

20170404 Autos (5) SS DD.jpg

Head's in the ground still, but the stem is curling out.

FastBuds
Green Crack
20170404 Autos (2) FB GC.jpg

Already opened her dicotyledrons.
I'm glad she's up, because this was the only seed that looked a little weak.
Obviously not!!

G14
20170404 Autos (3) FB G14.jpg

She also popped yesterday.

C-4matic
20170404 Autos (1) FB C-4.jpg

Looking good!

Dutch Passion
AutoMazar
20170404 Autos (7) DP Mz.jpg

I think this DP AutoMazar was up yesterday, too.
Looking strong!

Ministry of Cannabis
Blue Amnesia
20170404 Autos (8) MC BA.jpg

Never look down on a freebie! Glad to have some Amnesia/Haze in the grow.

They'll all straight under the Mars Refl 192 in the tent.
The height is about 1.2 - 1.5 m or so, 4'-5', so they won't burn or anything.
Same height as for the Mandala Safaris, and they were lovely seedlings!

Love and hugs,
MJS
:love:

Tent mates:

In the tent with the Autos, but these photos are under the morning sun.

My little twin lemon mints:
20170404 Mint + Strawberry (2).jpg
20170404 Mint + Strawberry (3).jpg

Bushy little beasties they are. Have some purple under the leaves. Run them, and it's mint and lemon balm aroma.

My four strawberries:
20170404 Mint + Strawberry (1).jpg

I confess I don't know how to grow strawberries. Just for kicks, and possibly for desserts.......

:pie:

Hey there @Vlad The Inhaler

Okay, yeah, they look like they must have had a couple of nice months to veg.
I'm always impressed by UK outdoor grows, because UK weather is .... well, you know! :p

This grow journal is all autos. My Mandala Safaris and Eary Top Tao are autos. Link in my sig.
Mandala say that one should use low levels of fert, if at all, or best just good soil.
My site may be too close. I shouldn't visit them that often. But, just planted out, want to check all is okay.

Don't have bunnies here. Or deer. The holes are maybe... hard to say.
Some kind of local badger / weasel / skunk critter thing, maybe. Or snakes.
We had some cobras around this area last summer.
I like snakes. Shiva wears snakes and smokes bhang. Gotta be good for ya!

We do have bugs, though. Last summer after vegging indoors for 3 weeks I put my autos out.
At that time, it's the height of summer and bugs, but they were okay.
Just a few nibbles here and there. I neem sprayed them before they went out. It helps.
Caterpillars, grasshoppers, stuff like that.

But look at the photos. A couple of days out, and just a bite or two so far.

Thanks Vlad. Thanks for stopping by. Hope your plants are doing well!

Ah.. sounds like you've got a completely different set of enemies over there so my tips probably don't apply. Tell ya what tho, I'd much rather have rabbits than cobras! [emoji23][emoji51]

Sounds like it couldn't be easier.. unless you get a plague of locusts of something!

Back