DIY Making your own wine dirt cheap to add CO2 to your garden!

Status
Not open for further replies.
nothing in the rule book that i can see :cheers: so batter on :thumbsup:
theres 101 ways of growing a plant that i know of and likely 101 more ways that i dont know of.i only know one way and thats my way.48 hr darkness/flushing/bongs/joints :shrug:personal preference and opinions.
my :2cents:
the extraction makes a hell of a whosh= cupboard/tent air exchanged 4 times a minute or something like that.i dont think bags and stuff make a sound :shrug: can many ppm's be coming out ?
sure the pros use Co2 they got fancy sealed grow roooms full control over every ppm/ph/rh the lot.they got big Co2 tanks that can maintain 600ppm (just a number pulled from thin air) hehe and its a pun :rofl: where was i :paleo:
an air duster in a can is just co2...a black fire extinguisher is co2...nono or jump in the tent with the plants.
any extra Co2 in the grow room is a good thing,a few bubbles from the airlock of brewing wine,mushrooms,or a squirt from an air duster on a timer :thumbsup: plus ya get a drink to at harvest :cheers::pass:
good luck n keep er lit
:pighug:

Hey Archie! Thanks bud! Yep exactly this is just a fun little thing to add into the grow room and like ya said have a drink to boot, I probably should have mentioned this isn't gonna replace big tanks of co2 and isn't to up your harvest by 20 percent :crying: just a nice little fun addition and supplement for us poor cannabis farmers.

Make at your own risk! This is intended for those of age.

Ok guys so there are a lot of ways to make wine and we can get all fancy and smack our lips all day to perfect it or just make good tasting wine, it doesn't take much the Egyptians made it in a crock covered with a towel.

The truth is wine doesn't even need yeast as fruit naturally has yeast in it, one of the biggest secrets is most true Italian wine is made with no yeast, unwashed grapes with tons of yeast already. Guarantee you have never heard of Egyptians running around with fancy packs of yeast to make there wine or anyone making wine before 1900's lol. It's also debatable on if wine yeast is even better than just plain old bread yeast, it's yeast, just gets the process moving quicker some debate that it makes better wine with wine yeast some make wine out of literally nothing and are content.

So what you need is some fruit, stay away from acidic fruits you wouldn't want to use orange it just get's rancid with stuff that is high with acidity that would be something maybe you could add later some flavoring into something if needed.

Number one thing to remember is do not let any fruit flies get in! One of them can turn the whole batch to vinegar! No idea how or why but most everyone that gets rancid wine with any method is because of that and they will dive in your stuff quick so best thing is to get a bunch of small towels and cover everything, cover your fruit, blender, sugar water and keep all tools like your funnel rinsed and cleaned at all times sanitation is key!

What you need:

Fruit
4 Cups of Regular Sugar (Any brand)
Funnel
Containers (Milk Jugs, 2 Liter Bottles, Juice Containers (About a half gallon each) or you can get fancy and buy a nicer bottle just rinse everything well.)
Milk Jug
Yeast (If you want it done in 3 - 4 weeks or it takes about 4 - 5 months with no yeast, slower natural)
Regular Sized Balloons (Check Dollar Store)
A pin or something to poke a hole in balloons.
Blender

So what we are going to do is use our Gallon Jug to measure our water to make sugar water this will make enough to make as much as I have in the pictures around 12 wine bottles I figure. So fill that jug up all the way and dump it in a sanitized pot to bring the water to a boil.

Once the water is boiling measure out 4 cups of sugar and slowly pour it in while stiring till it is dissolved. I mainly do this to boil off anything in the water like chlorine but it does help the sugar dissolve as well. Make sure you cool the water down before the next step you can put it in the freezer if you want to speed it up.

Now prepare your fruit if need be to be blended and put as much of it as you want in your blender you will need about 2 blenders full for a gallon of sugar water which will make a lot, you can mix things as well get creative we made Blueberry x Green Grape and Peach x Nectarine add a cup of water so blending is easier might have to use ice setting initially but get it all nice and blended.

Now take your funnel and pour the blended fruit into the jugs you are going to leave about 2 inches from the top of the container open so that the CO2 has some room so imagine half of what is left of that and fill the fruit to that point so almost half the container just about 2 inches less of fruit.

Now pour your sugar water in leaving only 2 inches on top for CO2 (Never use hot water make sure it's cool!)

You can continue to the final steps if not wanting to add yeast (Remember it can take 4 - 5 months vs 3 - 4 weeks with yeast)

Add a tsp of active yeast per gallon to each gallon sized jug or adjust accordingly for other sized jugs (Has to be active yeast, the bread type works or wine yeast just not the dietary supplement called "Brewers Yeast" that type of stuff is dead in terms of what we need it for) stir it up real good with the cap on.

This is where the Balloons come in, take the balloons and stretch them over the top make sure the opening part is open by the open part of the jug so the CO2 can actually get threw the balloon, poke a small hole in the top of the balloon this is our diy airlock for the CO2 to release, just a cheap efficient method some people use rubbers if you wanna get the females excited :crying:.

Cover the jugs so that the balloons are exposed but the rest of the jug is in darkness in the grow room.

Check in 2 weeks should be bubbling with little bubbles at least with yeast version, you will know when there ready when it stops working, meaning fermenting stops and the bubbles go away and the wine is not so cloudy, leaving longer will make it more clear.

Now as for releasing a little CO2 to supplement your ladies I would put a little fan by them blowing it upwards to the plants as CO2 falls to the floor or put by where your existing fans will kick it up into the plants.

I haven't done the math, such as figure out how many moles or grams of CO2 would be released by X amount of sugars breakdown. But I fully suspect the relatively wimpy (compared to commercial bioprocessing) fermentation involved with wine-making releases amounts of CO2 that are rather insignificant and does this over a long time. For ex., I presume a human just being in the same room supplying air to the tent will exhale more CO2, be a better CO2 source vs. whatever volume fermentation might be used in a home brew setup.

Otherwise, isn't the most efficient and practical source for CO2 combustion, such as have a propane heater running in the tent or the tent's air supply area?

Sounds worth it to me to try if you got the space. Worst case that will happen youll get wine.

I haven't done the math, such as figure out how many moles or grams of CO2 would be released by X amount of sugars breakdown. But I fully suspect the relatively wimpy (compared to commercial bioprocessing) fermentation involved with wine-making releases amounts of CO2 that are rather insignificant and does this over a long time. For ex., I presume a human just being in the same room supplying air to the tent will exhale more CO2, be a better CO2 source vs. whatever volume fermentation might be used in a home brew setup.

Otherwise, isn't the most efficient and practical source for CO2 combustion, such as have a propane heater running in the tent or the tent's air supply area?

goodwillfag.jpg

Not gonna explain myself again but hey :slap: for ya, hope it gives you some confidence. Love all you keyboard warriors, world wouldn't be the same without you keeping your moms basement warm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back