Good tips!!!!! I have a quick question. My set up is for 10 plants an I would like to switch to led. What would be the best led for the set up I have?
My setup is 10 (5 at a weeks difference)), I've got 92x3 mars, 2 600w old style and a 300w old style and ill beordrring another old style 300 there all mars they give me really good coverage better then I feel a big unit would use smaller ones and you can do ten you'll just need quite a few panels ahaha

Now I'm glad we have this thread. I was reading on 730 lately and can't find anything pertaining to auto flowers. I would think since they don't use darkness to regulate flowering, 730 would have no benefit for autos?

Thought I'd share this here. I don't remember where I picked this up but it shows the wavelengths plants need(bottom chart). The importance of full spectrum vs red/blue only. (Most mono companies add white leds to their primary red/blue panels, white light is full spectrum)

The top chart is Cree cob spectrum samples.

absorbtion vs cxb.png

so is 3500k the sweet line. just got 2 light bars up w/ 4 lights on each bar. 1 has 3500k the other 5000k, clearly the 5 is whiter/blue tint light, 3500 light has white/yellow tint light.

also had these bars like 5 feet from seedlings...yeah they stretched in like 16 hours, like 3 almost 4 inch from soil. LOL
so now they are on a table top 32-36 inches from light. stretch has stopped and looking o.k. on day 2
so the first post in this thread helped me a lot.
thanks @Magic and AFN

Last edited:
Do you think 50w blackstar is enough for micro tent 35x35x60cm or should I order 100w version? Or should I just order 150w chinese one off ebay

Hello, I am newbie here. I understand to look for actual draw watts but I wonder what is difference between lets say 300W and 800W LED (actual draw watts are the same).

i keep my at 30-35 cm with no bleeching. photon 6 is led..

Don't look for actual models, I just wonder what's difference if we all know we must look for actual draw. And light spectrum, heat, glasses etc...

Back