Mag issue?

so I found these yellow spots on the bottom of the plant
96AB0E8E-C7E4-4659-BBCF-4B7EDEFF8305.jpeg
A446F33D-7BB3-48AF-8481-01D0F051F739.jpeg
B170FE12-7B72-49F7-BEC0-37D6CBFC32D8.jpeg

Okay so only feed water for a few days at 6.2 the. Start low dose of nutes?

be careful, never use only water in coco, especially RO. always have some nutes in you cocos waterings.

so I found these yellow spots on the bottom of the plant
View attachment 1274237View attachment 1274238View attachment 1274239

With the sudden EC increase and perhaps some overwatering due to early switching on of the system and the top watering, i would expect them show some symptoms like that.
If the Miicrobial Mass you use has bacillus strains, use it with every watiering to help fight any possible root rot that might have begun due to the overwatering. If not, get some hydroguard and use it every watering.

Last edited:
be careful, never use only water in coco, especially RO. always have some nutes in you cocos waterings.

With the sudden EC increase and perhaps some overwatering due to early switching on of the system and the top watering, i would expect them show some symptoms like that.
If the Miicrobial Mass you use has bacillus strains, use it with every watiering to help fight any possible root rot that might have begun due to the overwatering. If not, get some hydroguard and use it every watering.
I’ve been trying to find if the microbial mass has it but can’t seem to find that info but I also have sensizym will that work?hydro gaurd not available where I live..banned in Canada so I have root gaurd by greenplanet available to me I’ll swing by and grab a liter today

Last edited:
I’ve been trying to find if the microbial mass has it but can’t seem to find that info but I also have sensizym will that work?hydro gaurd not available where I live..banned in Canada so I have root gaurd by greenplanet available to me I’ll swing by and grab a liter today

I don't think sensizym has beneficial microbes. What you would be looking for to help fight/prevent root rot are beneficial microbes such as Bacilus subitlus or Bacilus Amyloliquefaciens so any prodcut with these should be able to replace Hydroguard.

I don't think sensizym has beneficial microbes. What you would be looking for to help fight/prevent root rot are beneficial microbes such as Bacilus subitlus or Bacilus Amyloliquefaciens so any prodcut with these should be able to replace Hydroguard.
Perfect this seems to have what your suggesting, so I normally feed 2 hrs before lights on..
So this feeding I should do what?
1/4 dose nutes 6.2ph with the root builder?
3E3720A2-2739-4B88-864F-9078FDE62FEC.jpeg

Perfect this seems to have what your suggesting, so I normally feed 2 hrs before lights on..
So this feeding I should do what?
1/4 dose nutes 6.2ph with the root builder?
View attachment 1274404

Yes, I'd do that for the smaller plant (Dosidos), and for the other two I'd go half strength + root builder. Water slowly and measure runoff EC to make sure it's not spiking.
And do try to get your hand on some product with Bacilus Amyloliquefaciens... subtilus and licheni work well, but i feel Amylo is a bit better.

Blkgold1

Persistent help where it was need and I’m thankful.
Yes, I'd do that for the smaller plant (Dosidos), and for the other two I'd go half strength + root builder. Water slowly and measure runoff EC to make sure it's not spiking. And do try to get your hand on someproducto with Bacilus Amyloliquefaciens... subtilus works well, but Amylo is a bit better.
I will defiantly try to track some down, idk why but the hydro store told me hydrogaurd has been banned in Canada for years‍♂ News to me haha I will shop around and thank you very much for all your help.
Btw they are 15L pots how much should I be feeding at a time, as I was doing 500mls every other day. What level ec should I be feeding at? And ec drop would be expected/okay correct? Runoff of course

I will defiantly try to track some down, idk why but the hydro store told me hydrogaurd has been banned in Canada for years‍♂ News to me haha I will shop around and thank you very much for all your help.
Btw they are 15L pots how much should I be feeding at a time, as I was doing 500mls every other day. What level ec should I be feeding at? And ec drop would be expected/okay correct? Runoff of course

I think that the Green Planet product you have will help you fend of root rot. But if you could add Amyloliquefaciens to your lineup, youd be really fortified in that area.
The amount of water is a bit relative, but i'd say to just water slowly with 500 ml unitl you see enough runoff to catch some and measure it. If there's not enough runoof with that, bump to 750. If in les than a day the coco dries up, then you know you need to water more frequently or more.

I think that the Green Planet product you have will help you fend of root rot. But if you could add Amyloliquefaciens to your lineup, youd be really fortified in that area.
The amount of water is a bit relative, but i'd say to just water slowly with 500 ml unitl you see enough runoff to catch some and measure it. If there's not enough runoof with that, bump to 750. If in les than a day the coco dries up, then you know you need to water more frequently or more.
Okay I can defiantly do daily! Thanks!

@elcoloan found hydrogaurd being shipped from states, hopefully fast enough says by Jan 15-20

Back