Mag issue?

So ec going in was 1.2 run off was 0.5

I will look into hydroguard thank you!

Ok, so ... i think the Dosidos is too small to be on the Autopot system, right @pop22 @St. Tom ? And her cotys seem to be green still so i don't think that one is underfed. Maybe just pH problems, or overwatered by turning on the system so early for her.

The other two do seem to have a deficiency since cotys clearly have lost their green. BUT maybe it's not because the nutes are too weak... instead the pH might not be in proper range and they aren't being able to access some nutes at their roots. That runoff is low though for whats coming in. So increasing the feed on them might not be bad... but i would have tried adjusting ph first before icnreasing nute strength.
Try at least using 6.0 as pH on the next watering and wait 3 or 4 days before changing anything. In my case leaves with those symptoms gain back their full green within that time.

Oh, and i just saw you mentioned using Miicrobial Mass.. does it have bacillus strains? subitlus or Amyloliquefaciens? if it does, no need for hydroguard

Last edited:
Ok, so ... i think the Dosidos is too small to be on the Autopot system, right @pop22 @St. Tom ? And her cotys seem to been green still so i don't think that one is underfed. Maybe just pH problems, or overwatered.
The other two do seem to have a deficiency since cotys clearly have lost their green. BUT maybe it's not because the nutes are too weak, reather the pH is not in proper range and they aren't being able to access some nutes at their roots.
Really, try at least using 6.0 as pH and wait 3 or 4 days before changing anything. In my case leaves with those sympotoms gain back their full green within that time.
I was wondering if it was too soon to turn on the pots but the store told me at 3 weeks let the pots do all the work..and I never understood why they told me not to ph water with these nutes, I will defiantly up the ph to 6.0 and should I let the coco top become dry rather than wet? I was told you couldn’t water too much in coco cause of the airdomes so clearly I’ve been given the wrong instruction to this set up so thank you for taking the times to help me out!

I was wondering if it was too soon to turn on the pots but the store told me at 3 weeks let the pots do all the work..and I never understood why they told me not to ph water with these nutes, I will defiantly up the ph to 6.0 and should I let the coco top become dry rather than wet? I was told you couldn’t water too much in coco cause of the airdomes so clearly I’ve been given the wrong instruction to this set up so thank you for taking the times to help me out!

Usually by the end of week 3 (21 days after sprouting) the plant would have enough roots down there to turn on the system, but it's not always the case. A better reference is leaves passing the edge of the pot, but even that way sometimes you can activate too soon. your purple plants might have been big enough, but the dosidos definitely not.

The pH topic is strange with coco. I came from using perlite only and used pH around 5.8, but since using coco i've found it better to use a bit higher pH and many others here do too, while others work perfectly with 5.8. In my case, since I take slurry tests from my coco before using it, i find it's always around 5.6, so i figure that's why i need to go higher with my nutes, but maybe other's coco has a higher pH allowing them to get away with lower pH nutes.

And, in case you missed it.. just saw you mentioned using Miicrobial Mass.. does it have bacillus strains? subitlus or Amyloliquefaciens? if it does, no need for hydroguard.

And with the ph perfect line of Advanced nutes, they are supposed to have pH were it is, that's why they told you taht, and if they were at 6.2 after mixing them, i'm sure they would work that way for me.

Last edited:
Usually by the end of week 3 (21 days after sprouting) the plant would have enough roots down there to turn on the system, but it's not always the case. A better reference is leaves passing the edge of the pot, but even that way sometimes you can activate too soon. your purple plants might have been big enough, but the dosidos definitely not.

The pH topic is strange with coco. I came from using perlite only and used pH around 5.8, but since using coco i've fond it better to user higer pH and many other here do too, while other work perfectly with 5.8. In my case y take slurry test of my coco before using it at it's always around 5.6, so i figure thats why i need to go higher with my nutes, but maybe other's coco has a higher pH allowing them to get away with lower pH nutes.

and, in case you missed it.. just saw you mentioned using Miicrobial Mass.. does it have bacillus strains? subitlus or Amyloliquefaciens? if it does, no need for hydroguard.

An with the ph perfect line of Advanced nutes, they are supposed to have pH were it is, that's why they told you taht, and if they were at 6.2 after mixing them, i'm sure they would work that way for me.
That is strange as I was at 5.6 after adding the nutes to RO water and had to PH up..but that was at half strength dose 1ml/l when calling for 2ml/l as I didn’t want to over do it on ec since it was at the ideal 1.2.
The RO water is 6.1 out the bottle 0ec so it makes me scratch my head
:doh:

That is strange as I was at 5.6 after adding the nutes to RO water and had to PH up..but that was at half strength dose 1ml/l when calling for 2ml/l as I didn’t want to over do it on ec since it was at the ideal 1.2.
The RO water is 6.1 out the bottle 0ec so it makes me scratch my head
:doh:

I think RO water is difficult to measure it's pH so don't worry about that. And well, I haven't used nor know nor have read much about those nutes, so can't really tell you about how they work. But if after mixing them you don't get the ph in the 5.8 -6.2 ranges, i think you should ajust them for coco.

Oh, and about watering the coco for autopots, this is what i would do next time:
Precharge the coco by soaking it in mild nute solution at 5.8-6.0 pH. Let it drain, then put the coco in the pot and let it 24 hrs in the tent to aclimate.
Then plant the seed and wait for it to sprout for first fertigation with about 500 ml of the same strenght nutes as the precharge. Then, water every five days with 500-750 ml of half strength nutes (only base nute, no supplements) at 6.0-6.3 pH, slowly and trying to cover all the coco. Do this until leaves have reached and passed the edge of the pot. Then turn on the system.
It's a summarized/simplified version of this sched: https://www.autoflower.org/threads/bushmasterar15-another-grow.71106/page-2#post-2084006 . Don't let teh coco dry out, maybe a lttlebit the surface while the plants are young, but after that, it should all be moist.

Hope it helps! As I said before, in a couple days you should be able to see how they responded to the changes you did. Do remmeber to take the Dosidos off of the system, only hand water for now.

Last edited:
The DosI dos is not ready for the res. You can start the res when your canopy is as wide as the pot. That coincides with the roots filling the pot. Looks like you have lockout due to PH too low issues. I'd suggest taking the PH up to 6.2. It will take a few days to see changes. Adding more nutrients of any kind won't help and could make it worse..

And I don't care what they claim, not monitoring your PH is like making your plants play Russian Roulette.

I think RO water is difficult to measure it's pH so don't worry about that. And well, I haven't used nor know nor have read much about those nutes, so can't really tell you about how they work. But if after mixing them you don't get the ph in the 5.8 -6.2 ranges, i think you should ajust them for coco.

Oh, and about watering the coco for autopots, this is what i would do next time:
Precharge the coco by soaking it in mild nute solution at 5.8-6.0 pH. Let it drain, then put the coco in the pot and let it 24 hrs in the tent to aclimate.
Then plant the seed and wait for it to sprout for first fertigation with about 500 ml of the same strenght nutes as the precharge. Then, water every five days with 500-750 ml of half strength nutes (only base nute, no supplements) at 6.0-6.3 pH, slowly and trying to cover all the coco. Do this until leaves have reached and passed the edge of the pot. Then turn on the system.
It's a summarized/simplified version of this sched: https://www.autoflower.org/threads/bushmasterar15-another-grow.71106/page-2#post-2084006 . Don't let teh coco dry out, maybe a lttlebit the surface while the plants are young, but after that, it should all be moist.

Hope it helps! As I said before, in a couple days you should be able to see how they responded to the changes you did. Do remmeber to take the Dosidos off of the system, only hand water for now.
Yes both are off currently and being held fed for the correction, then will only have the purple punch on auto until dosi catches up thank you!

The DosI dos is not ready for the res. You can start the res when your canopy is as wide as the pot. That coincides with the roots filling the pot. Looks like you have lockout due to PH too low issues. I'd suggest taking the PH up to 6.2. It will take a few days to see changes. Adding more nutrients of any kind won't help and could make it worse..
Okay so only feed water for a few days at 6.2 the. Start low dose of nutes?

And I don't care what they claim, not monitoring your PH is like making your plants play Russian Roulette.
Thank you!!! I was mind boggled by this but since I’m a newbie I was like okay I’ll listen...and don’t I regret that!

Back