New Grower Lucy's Very First Grow - Ak48 auto in soil LED

LucidLucy

Legal at last
Reaction score
I decided to learn how to grow weed very recently. My state has been legal for more than a year without a single location to buy it in, that combined with the knowledge that we legalized gambling seven years ago and the first license has just been given out now, I figure I better grow my own. I also like the idea of knowing every thing that touches my weed. I'm a tiny bit of a germophobe so ........

This will be an organic grow in Happy frog soil with added vermiculite. I am using one Viparspectra Reflector-Series V600 600W LED Grow Light which is currently sitting @ 24 inches above 2 plants. I wanted it a little higher but don't have a great way to mount it higher up. I have it suspended from a portable rolling wardrobe rack. It was easy and if I get the urge to move it to the other side of the room I am all set LOL. I am going for the modular grow room where everything expands if needed in the future. :d5:

I am just using a 14 X 14 foot spare room located upstairs. Not ideal because of heat issues but it's what I have to use. It's been really hot out 90 F + every day for 2 weeks so I have had to run the AC and even then it's only keeping the heat down to 79 F. Bad for humidity which only runs around an RH of 40%
Grow-room.jpg

It's not perfect but I am hoping it will do.

I am putting this journal up mostly to help keep my journey organized but also in case I have some big problem later on and my specifics need to be detailed.

These are my AK48s at 13 days (today).
Plant [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG] has been healthy and happy since it sprouted.

Plant [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG] has made me reconsider the wisdom of only growing 2 plants at a time. It has been odd since day one when it popped out of it's shell with bright yellow leaves which promptly turned purple with what looks like milk splattered on them. They were never really green like the other plant. I figured it could be mildew but my humidity is too low and it isnt in round spots and does not wash off. It appears to be the actual color of the leaves. Dunno. It has been consistently smaller than the other plant, it looks as if it's 3 days behind plant # 1. I'm cheering for her tho !
Plant1-13days-sm.JPG Plant2-13days-sm.JPG
Plant1 Plant2

Last edited:
Thanks all for the warm welcome.
Gold, that's what I figured. Regardless of whether it's healthy or not, it is clearly a different pheno than plant1. The leaves are shaped differently and are more compact, different color etc. It's kind of fun to have 2 that are so different.

Thanks all for the warm welcome.
Gold, that's what I figured. Regardless of whether it's healthy or not, it is clearly a different pheno than plant1. The leaves are shaped differently and are more compact, different color etc. It's kind of fun to have 2 that are so different.
Could be variegated, you will see that from time to time.

Sent from my comfy chair.
[emoji16][emoji41] [emoji43][emoji848]

Good luck Lucy! :goodluck:

Sending grow karma :karmacloud: and positive vibes! :vibes:

You'll be harvesting sticky dank buds before you know it! :growing:

Back