Lighting Looking to get into LED's, watch this before you buy.

@Slater I did as much research as I could on building lights for myself but I wasn't afraid to ask questions either and I had major help from you @BigSm0 and other people on this site, I came to get the citizen clu048 1216 and surprisingly how easy it was to build it! I feel the best thing is research and ask questions! I'm on my first grow and with the help of everyone and research I'm doing pretty good on it so thanks for always answering questions and helping out!

nice one @Blalack55 , great first build and those ladys look awsome... have some rep :slap: my man for doing the research and setting your self on the right path... I bet your already designing the next fixture in your head. I'm always one light ahead on my self.

This is my plants under Mars proII 320 led, do you like it?View attachment 948716

great grow @Deville , you can definitely grow the dank with Mars, they are a great entry level into LED's... have you seen there new release, A single Cree CBX cob with small Cree 660 reds with a meanwell driver. They are still not claiming the true draw on the watts but finally they have released a product worthy of the price.

nice one @Blalack55 , great first build and those ladys look awsome... have some rep :slap: my man for doing the research and setting your self on the right path... I bet your already designing the next fixture in your head. I'm always one light ahead on my self.
Awesome thanks a lot!!! But yeah you are absolutely correct I a was super blueprinting mu next setup lol but I truly appreciate all the help and support from you guys!!!

Contemplating getting either the Advanced Platinum 300w or the Viperspectra 300w.

Might go for the Viperspectra though due to the ridiculous price difference, it is getting good reviews and for the money it is probably a better buy than the Advanced Platinum, even though the Advanced Platinum is considered a better unit.

Advanced Platinum cost more than 3x as much as the Viperspectra, not sure why since I only started looking into these today. But there need to be a whole lot of difference to justify that shit.

cleardot.gif

I think we need to start using dollars/watt to compare LED fixture prices. It's simple, straightforward, and most companies won't touch it because their prices are criminal. You can really cut through 99% of the hype with 3 questions, and I'll use The Cannon (BlackSailMarket.com) as a basis for comparison because it kicks ass:smoking:

1. Dollars/Watt ($1.33/Watt right now for a single Cannon)
2. Efficiency in umol/J (2.0umol/J for The Cannon)
3. Heatsink Temperature at full power (120F for The Cannon)

Of course I'm pushing my own product, but people are getting ripped off left and right in this fog of bullshit and it has to stop. LED's are revolutionary and I'm tired of these greedy halfwit con-artists giving the tech a bad name. These 3 questions will steer ye true, maties. Arrrrr!!!

I think we need to start using dollars/watt to compare LED fixture prices. It's simple, straightforward, and most companies won't touch it because their prices are criminal. You can really cut through 99% of the hype with 3 questions, and I'll use The Cannon (BlackSailMarket.com) as a basis for comparison because it kicks ass:smoking:

1. Dollars/Watt ($1.33/Watt right now for a single Cannon)
2. Efficiency in umol/J (2.0umol/J for The Cannon)
3. Heatsink Temperature at full power (120F for The Cannon)

Of course I'm pushing my own product, but people are getting ripped off left and right in this fog of bullshit and it has to stop. LED's are revolutionary and I'm tired of these greedy halfwit con-artists giving the tech a bad name. These 3 questions will steer ye true, maties. Arrrrr!!!

Amen to that man, what you say :pass:

Back