Live Stoners Live Stoner Smoking!!! BBQ & Live Fire Chitchat

Dr.Bubbles

Dummymex Magnifico
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Oinker RyBZ™ & Moocow Brisket
It seems that a few kids around here are into smoking more than herbs...I invite everyone to share whatever they want, be it stories, pics, recipes, techniques, etc. Whatever you're cooking on, a hole in the ground, a brand new Traegar, a 30 year old Weber or an electric smoke box, if you're doing it outside and it tastes like fire/smoke/wood you're in the right place. We are all here for the dope, so if some stenk denk was part of the magic, do show.

IMG_20180630_004511168.jpg

IMG_20180609_053048147.jpg
IMG_20180609_044803723.jpg

IMG_20170514_220331147.jpg
I love grilling and smoking, and I have been posting pics and stories on the Live Stoner Eats thread for awhile now...mostly from the grill. Don't care if it's winter, raining, 3:00 in the morning...hell yeah, let's have steaks. I also love Dream Theater, playing guitar and chasing prime guitar tones...so if that means anything to anyone feel free to share as well.

From the grill last night hope it fits!

Couple classic American cheese burgers and did one bacon pizza style. Wife hates grilled buns tho :(

84df8d38774b29e4a461287586a8cc83.jpg

Brilliant!!! I'm gonna be parkin my arse down right here and will hopefully have something to share on Monday. Just run the whole "I'm getting expert BBQ tips from some guys that know what they're doing so we need a new BBQ" past the wife successfully [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] Gonna try some Ribs rubbed with some salt and pepper and some mustard and a sprinkle of brown sugar towards the end.

I can't fookin wait!!

Sent from Fraggle Rock

Still reading up a little for giggles and grins on some homemade smokers after all the BBQ talk over in live eats. Found out this morning that there are kits available to make a wood stove out of either a 30 or 50 gallon steel drum

da2d0098d311cf925e829eb1e59fb78d--steel-barrel-barrel-wood-stove.jpg

So now I'm thinking I'd love someday to have the space and resources to combine one of the drums with the kit as a firebox for something like this:

7536357c8ac28b9cfb1af42be965ac86.jpg

Think I'd need to get more people to cook for for a setup like that. :smoking:

Still reading up a little for giggles and grins on some homemade smokers after all the BBQ talk over in live eats. Found out this morning that there are kits available to make a wood stove out of either a 30 or 50 gallon steel drum

da2d0098d311cf925e829eb1e59fb78d--steel-barrel-barrel-wood-stove.jpg

So now I'm thinking I'd love someday to have the space and resources to combine one of the drums with the kit as a firebox for something like this:

7536357c8ac28b9cfb1af42be965ac86.jpg

Think I'd need to get more people to cook for for a setup like that. :smoking:
Wow....I've never seen anything like that. Keep in mind that there is two distinctively different kinds of smokers:. Cold smoke and Hot smoke. Don't quote me here, as I am still in my rookie training with about 40-50 smokes under my belt....but I think that might be a cold smoker. Think Alaska smoked salmon from the store. It's fully cooked, but looks almost raw, and looks nothing like traditional smoked meats that are hot smoked like RyBZ and Pulled/Chopped Pork and Briskets. I believe the target temps for cold smoke are in the 175° area...I've seen commercial could let smokers that look almost like a commercial pizza proofer box. A stainless box the size of a fridge with an electric heating element....the way they make that smoked salmon u see in the store. I smoked some fresh caught by us great lakes salmon and rainbow trout with Hickory at 225° or so and it looked and tasted nothing like cold smoked salmon. It was more like super tender salmon jerky with tons of flavor. Quite good indeed. Just by looking at the setup in the pic (which is gorgeous by the way) I don't think it is meant to get over 180°. I bet that pic is from Alaska where everyone cold smokes salmon over green Alder wood....to survive the winter. Those guys live on Pacific Salmon. Just a little heads up before u go out and start buying stuff to whip it up, lol. I have seen a bunch of homemade 35 and 55 gal drum smokers in backyards, especially in the ghetto, while we are doing tree work. You see all kinds of stuff up there wandering around back lot lines. The PBC (Pit Barrel Cooker[emoji769]) is made from a brand new drum....but is run vertical, and uses hooks to hang RyBZ vertically. Solid 5 star reviews and it's only about 2 bills. Check it out for a killer affordable hot smoker that's made in the states by metal workers.

There called KAAHBS Joe

Simple dinner....a Vlassic Zesty Dill (BOMB) with some noodley oodlies and the centerpiece is a ground Chuck burger cooked on some Kingsford charcoal on the midsize Weber Kettle with a slice of bacon and some sweet relish with Swiss and Hellemans. That was a tasty burgers....nothing like properly doing burgers on real coals. So much flavor, such a PITA....lol
be927aead9298213814a8b5333bd3e2d.jpg

There called KAAHBS Joe

Simple dinner....a Vlassic Zesty Dill (BOMB) with some noodley oodlies and the centerpiece is a ground Chuck burger cooked on some Kingsford charcoal on the midsize Weber Kettle with a slice of bacon and some sweet relish with Swiss and Hellemans. That was a tasty burgers....nothing like properly doing burgers on real coals. So much flavor, such a PITA....lol
be927aead9298213814a8b5333bd3e2d.jpg

There called KAAHBS Joe
So worth the pain though

Back