Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I haven't been around. My daughter is in the hospital she fell off an ATV and fractured her skull and broke her foot :-(

Healing Karma.jpg
Hope your daughter will be alright.

@Root I was totally stoked to see you today!! Hope you and Eek are well and good! We miss you two a lot!! Well I do! Have y'all been hiding in the medical section?

Hey Rebel! :doc1:Good to see you too!

Remindes me a little of the little diffuser rings I found a while back. I made a couple of these myself using some 1/4 inch seeper hose, T-fittings, and washers from the hardware store. Seemed to work fairly well. I had problems with bacteria in my res, though, and all the extra air helped that go even more nuts. I'd also say that if someone does do a DIY, read up on metals and rusting and get the right washers. I didn't and mine started to rust on mine.

When Eek and I oxygenated our water we used tropical fish plant weights...they don't rust. :2cents:

In more ways than ONE?! I beg your pardon?!

What I meant was ....GS is two faced regards his drug use/anti drug stance ...... and also GS-Kiss with make up or without make up. I should have been more clear.

upload_2016-7-9_20-27-53.jpeg

eP.

OK so the producer I apprenticed for (the said asshole from my previous Drifters' story) was Tina Turners' live tour band leader back in the Private Dancer days... He had this enormous house in the Hollywood Hills... Typical "rockstar" lifestyle... Everyone and their mother partied there. He kept the Jack and Coke(not pop) flowing in his words...

One night a typical star studded bash. David Lee Roth and Eddie Van Halen show up... Eddie is in typical form.. Small gig amp slung around his body plugged into his guitar just social butterfly noodling around the room. David is typical Dave. Loud, drunk, covered in whores.. (how he hasn't gotten a deathly VD is beyond me) anyway... My bosses house had this enormous recording studio. During those days he had the top board you could by. I'm talking a Mackie that went on for days! So Dave decides he wants my boss to show him his new state of the art console... My boss says no. No partying in the studio. He was like that even when I worked for him... He was the only one allowed with food or drink in the studio... Anyway Dave being Dave says "f*ck you man I wanna see the new board!" And proceeds to head thru the doors... With a bottle of champagne.

My boss goes in after him and they start arguing. Daves all lighten up its a,fucking board. My boss is like my house my rules. One thing leads to another (like the fixx says!) and Dave ends up shaking the champagne bottle up and SPRAYS HIS ENTIRE BOARD DOWN! I mean straight drenched it! He destroyed his board. There was no fixing it. Every compressed air can in the world couldn't help it. $25,000 Mackie that was hours old in install... Just done.

Needless to say Dave was hauled out of there by the back of his neck and pants... Eddie was beside himself...
Apologizing and saying he'll make it right.. Well safe to say that party was over...

Next morning... My boss awakes to Eddie at his door with a delivery. You guessed it. Brand new $25,000 Mackie! Still in the box! Lol

Moral of the story. Well two morals... Champagne and sound boards don't mix lol (pun intended) and DLR is an ASSHOLE. LOL but EVH TOP NOTCH DUDE! So next time you listen to a VH song rest easy that Eddie is indeed as cool as they come. And DLR is a wack job!

@Rebel @Eyeoftheworld Thanks for the rep! I'm quite happy with the results. Particularly the indoor automazar. The two others are my White Widow accidentally photos. How that will go here north, I don't know. I can't have them home anymore, but have keep them outdoors in friends garden.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back