Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets hear some country!!!:shooty:were is @stepside

cartoon-firefighter-spraying-water-on-fire.gif
Shakebutt.gif
:pass:

Awsome I'd say friends for ever I class alot of people on this network my good friend you included was his attic a lovely garden
Indeed. His last harvest of four Northern Light photo gave 15 oz.

Hey @arty zan pal, been following the news nervously and closely this morning after waking up to the result, seems a bit early to tell for sure but this is what i understand to be the possible implications on Expats living in or planning to move to Spain and other places in the EU.

Current UK Spanish residents look to be protected under "The Vienna Convention of 1969" that i have yet to look into, but looks to say that people's rights, obligations and legal situations are protected when a treaty ceases, as long as those rights were acquired while a treaty was valid.

Spanish residents claiming a UK pension are going to be hit by the hard drop in Sterling, if and when the value of the Sterling increases this should be rectified but i have got a feeling it is going to fall more and stay low for a while after the results of the referendum, if it recovers at all.

Anyone planning to move from the UK to Spain to work would need to acquire a work visa, the same any other current non EU resident in Spain would have to.

Anyone planning to retire in Spain or come to live here not working, would still be able to legally as long as they are able to show they can financially support themselves for there time here, they will also no longer be entitled to any social services, health care or vote in local elections, which would mean a added cost especially for pensioners who want medical care of private health insurance or risk being denied access to health care.

http://www.thelocal.es/20160624/british-expats-stunned-after-uk-votes-for-brexit
http://edition.cnn.com/2016/06/22/europe/brexit-britain-eu-people/

Feel more sorry for the people in Gibraltar as i can see the Spanish trying to close the border in the future if the UK don't play ball with them.
http://www.theolivepress.es/spain-n...co-sovereignty-of-gibraltar-following-brexit/

Don't feel defeated and keep the dream alive Arty pal, and sure you will make it out here one day ;)

Hey @arty zan pal, been following the news nervously and closely this morning after waking up to the result, seems a bit early to tell for sure but this is what i understand to be the possible implications on Expats living in or planning to move to Spain and other places in the EU.

Current UK Spanish residents look to be protected under "The Vienna Convention of 1969" that i have yet to look into, but looks to say that people's rights, obligations and legal situations are protected when a treaty ceases, as long as those rights were acquired while a treaty was valid.

Spanish residents claiming a UK pension are going to be hit by the hard drop in Sterling, if and when the value of the Sterling increases this should be rectified but i have got a feeling it is going to fall more and stay low for a while after the results of the referendum, if it recovers at all.

Anyone planning to move from the UK to Spain to work would need to acquire a work visa, the same any other current non EU resident in Spain would have to.

Anyone planning to retire in Spain or come to live here not working, would still be able to legally as long as they are able to show they can financially support themselves for there time here, they will also no longer be entitled to any social services, health care or vote in local elections, which would mean a added cost especially for pensioners who want medical care of private health insurance or risk being denied access to health care.

http://www.thelocal.es/20160624/british-expats-stunned-after-uk-votes-for-brexit
http://edition.cnn.com/2016/06/22/europe/brexit-britain-eu-people/

Feel more sorry for the people in Gibraltar as i can see the Spanish trying to close the border in the future if the UK don't play ball with them.
http://www.theolivepress.es/spain-n...co-sovereignty-of-gibraltar-following-brexit/

Don't feel defeated and keep the dream alive Arty pal, and sure you will make it out here one day ;)
Spanglish Brother :bighug::pass:
It has put hurdles in my way but I will over come those hurdles no matter what, with view to becoming a Spanish national!
Either I marry a Spanish girl or I find a way to be wanted in Spain, of course I can start with a work visa, with the view to become a Spaniard of English decent!
Thanks for the info and the links, who knows maybe one day we will share one under the Spanish sky.:vibe:

Spanglish Brother :bighug::pass:
It has put hurdles in my way but I will over come those hurdles no matter what, with view to becoming a Spanish national!
Either I marry a Spanish girl or I find a way to be wanted in Spain, of course I can start with a work visa, with the view to become a Spaniard of English decent!
Thanks for the info and the links, who knows maybe one day we will share one under the Spanish sky.:vibe:

Thats the kind of positivity we need pal, for sure you will make it if you stay in that frame of mind.

Cheers for the reps and would be a pleasure to share one with you any day pal, wherever it may be.

Thats the kind of positivity we need pal, for sure you will make it if you stay in that frame of mind.

Cheers for the reps and would be a pleasure to share one with you any day pal, wherever it may be.
I will remain positive and will look forward to the day when it can be so!

Good Morning Stoners!
What's the buzz???
The continuing story of WWW and his car search has finally come to an end (we hope).
It is a connected world, that's for sure. Can't say who I work for but over the past 12 years I have made some friends who are relatively powerful folk in my area, heck the state. When someone from my office called about a project I was leading we discussed my situation and they said I should go to such and such a dealer because they are good friends with my boss. (You have to know I am NOT the name dropping type, don't like to take advantage. But at this point with no car and dismal prospects; I am up for anything). Long story short, I call and introduce myself and am told that because I am a friend of .... "He will take care of me, it's that simple" I now own a 2016 Jeep! No shit. Still trying to pick my jaw up off the floor!
So I am now off to Brooklyn to visit middle step son for a few days. And I don't have to think about needing a car!
Have a really great day and a wild Stoners Weekend!!

Morning Stoners,

Its a shame to hear about England departing the E.U. and i guess that is going to make life a bit tougher on some, i hope the folks affected find a way to be happy and get through it.

Whos up for a little optical illusion contest?? the first person to get all of these right gets max rep from me.
The rules are you are not allowed to use Google or any other search engine to get the answers.
May the best bud warrior win.

A:
hqdefault64.jpg

B:
emvideo-youtube-4uWeSETkEjc.jpg

C:
hqdefault.jpg

D:
Frog-250x215.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back