Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, we have a winner! pop22 is spot on, so you guys running your weed in the over longer or lower, temps are missing out on the best your weed will give up the thc. Any higher temps and you are burning off the thc and potency, same with higher temps. Here is the graph again, so you all can save it in your download files!
@pop22 pm me a safe address and we will get them out to you! Congrats.

I will be back in a couple hours to throw up another question, or something to make you ALL go searching google!!:eyebrows:

Next up will be a 3 pack of FASTBUDS GIRL SCOUT COOKIES, so you know it will be something to stump you all good!

you guys are comedians! got jokes! :haha:I was flippin bacon and stirring eggs, makin the wife breakfast, before she leaves for work, cuz that's how I roll.:thumbsup:

Pop22 was a safe bet on this one

nothing anecdotal about this:

View attachment 556071
hey pop :bighug:congrats on winning the seeds bro:d5:
sorry for being so vague, lol. but i don't need any seeds right now and had just got back from being with the extended fam so was maybe being a bit flippant.
Another fly in the ointment, is that we can never know for sure exactly what the starting state of decarboxylation is, so the times at temperature shown on the graphs are an average.
We can’t expect dry material placed in an oven at any given temperature to be that uniform temperature throughout instantly upon placing it in a heated oven, nor know for sure the state of decarboxylation by simple observation.https://skunkpharmresearch.com/decarboxylation/
Home decarboxylation isn't a precise science because most homes don't have lab conditions, just domestic ones.
I haven't yet managed to try n-hexane extract on glass surface in a open reactor, although I bet it does exactly what it says on the tin.:thumbsup:
I was talking about flowers (weed), the more you have and depending how much moisture is in the bud.
It will take longer to do a bigger batch of weed with a high RH which has only recently been cut (so high in THCA), compared to a smaller batch of much drier bud that's been sat in a jar for some while.
Also weed dried at 30C will take longer to decarboxylize than weed on 60C, both will decarboxylize, it is just a matter of removing the water molecule and that higher heat will degrade the weed more.
If you have a pure extract and you know all the exact measurements and know your heat source to be accurate, then you can scientifically reproduce the result, as long as you have the lab gear to do it.
In my experience domestic ovens vary in accuracy of the desired heat settings and I don't have any hexane extract :(
The only home test I know of checking if your weed is decarboxylated, is to try some, is it nicely psychoactive, if yes job done.
This is why it is anecdotal because anyone who decarboxylates their weed at home can not tell you when it is done, they have no way of measuring it but by trying it.
So people just pass on what works for them.
WHAT IS THE PROPER TIME AND TEMPERATURE TO DECARBOXYLATE YOUR WEED IN THE OVEN? was the question.
Didn't mention extract but weed, is it the same? no, they are two different animals so to speak.
Sorry if I am being a pedant but I hope you see my view point

You're sciency type of guy, so I recon you'll find the following experiment interesting just follow the link for full details.
Decarboxylating Cannabis: Turning THCA into THC http://www.marijuanagrowershq.com/decarboxylating-cannabis-turning-thca-into-thc/
The following charts show the results of the 30 minute and 60 minute decarboxylation experiments. Also included are the lab results from testing done prior to any artificial decarboxylation to establish a starting point. Note that because of the age of both the kief and the trim, decarboxylation had begun to take place to some degree naturally. This may not be your starting point, but should not affect the results of the experiment much.

Kief
Compound Before Decarb 30 Min Decarb 60 Min Decarb
THCA 24.5% 2.6% .1%
THC 3.8% 25.4% 25.5%
CBDA .6% .3% .3%
CBD 0% 1% .1%
CBN .4% 1% 1.4%
Moisture 0% 0% 0%
Total Cannabanoids 29.3% 30.3% 27.4%
Cannabis Trim
Compound Before Decarb 30 Min Decarb 60 Min Decarb
THCA 6.5% 2.9% .2%
THC .6% 4.8% 6.9%
CBDA .2% .2% .1%
CBD 0% 0% .1%
CBN 0% 0% 0%
Moisture 3.4% 4.5% 0%
Total Cannabanoids 7.3% 7.9% 7.3%
Testing provided by SC Labs

As you can see from the two charts, 30 minutes was not quite enough to completely decarboxylate either the kief or the trim. At 30 minutes the kief was about 90% decarboxylated but the trim was only about 60% decarboxylated. This difference is likely because the trim had a higher starting moisture content. After 60 minutes however, both keif and trim samples were close enough to 100% decarboxylation .

So there you have it. 240° F for 60 minutes should be enough to decarboxylate any cannabis with a reasonably low moisture content. For material with higher moisture content, the time can be extended but the temperature should not be increased. If you are concerned about losing organic compounds, lower heat can be used but the time should be extended to compensate.

Peace bro and can't wait to see them seeds growing:greenthumb::pass:

Arty

Keep your eyes open folks...l've heard a whisper about more 'stuff' up for grabs later (Only a whisper mind...:yeah:)...

Phew, !!!

Took me an age to get through LS today. What a great success 420 day has been on LS. Great work all of you. Sorry I was late to the party. Been busy.

Briman's comp was cool, congrats to Pop22.

Now then, She who must be obeyed, has also generously given me some beans to to issue to the winner of a competition set by yours truly.

Competition Alert !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But, I am at a loss as to what competition to run. I am tired of the old Caption Comps, so I need some ideas as to what to do.

Who better to ask than Live Stoners !!!!!!!! We may not get it done today, so it may be called 420+1 Competition, but who cares. A chance for some free beans and a bit of fun along the way can't be bad in anyones book......

Over to you guys..........eP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back