Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personable doesn't seem to understand that fungi don't just live on dead or decaying matter.

Four major mycorrhizal types have been described based on their structure and function, namely arbuscular mycorrhiza (AM), ectomycorrhiza (EM), orchid mycorrhiza and ericoid mycorrhiza
  • Arbuscular mycorrhiza (AM), a symbiosis between plants and members of an ancient phylum of fungi, the Glomeromycota, improves the supply of water and nutrients, such as phosphate and nitrogen, to the host plant. In return, up to 20% of plant-fixed carbon is transferred to the fungus.
  • Ectomycorrhiza (ECM) is a symbiotic association of fungi with the feeder roots of higher plants in which both the partners are mutually benefited and indeed the association appears to be significant for the existence of both the partners.
  • Orchid mycorrhizae are endomycorrhizal fungi which develop symbiotic relationships with the roots and seeds of plants of the family Orchidaceae.
  • Ericoid mycorrhizae are a restricted group of fungi associated with a restricted diversity of plant species in the Ericaceae, Epacridaceae, and Empetraceae. Hymenoscyphus (Pezizella) ericae was the first fungal species identified as an ericaceous endosymbiont.
All the above fungi live in symbiosis with its host plant and has nothing to do with decaying matter!
Fungi are often thought to just live on dead matter but anyone who had thrush, can attest to the fact that fungi, can and does, live on living matter too!

Last edited:
Thanks for the reps @Shugrows happy Friday to you too
1678457746880.gif

Personable doesn't seem to understand that fungi don't just live on dead or decaying matter.

Four major mycorrhizal types have been described based on their structure and function, namely arbuscular mycorrhiza (AM), ectomycorrhiza (EM), orchid mycorrhiza and ericoid mycorrhiza
  • Arbuscular mycorrhiza (AM), a symbiosis between plants and members of an ancient phylum of fungi, the Glomeromycota, improves the supply of water and nutrients, such as phosphate and nitrogen, to the host plant. In return, up to 20% of plant-fixed carbon is transferred to the fungus.
  • Ectomycorrhiza (ECM) is a symbiotic association of fungi with the feeder roots of higher plants in which both the partners are mutually benefited and indeed the association appears to be significant for the existence of both the partners.
  • Orchid mycorrhizae are endomycorrhizal fungi which develop symbiotic relationships with the roots and seeds of plants of the family Orchidaceae.
  • Ericoid mycorrhizae are a restricted group of fungi associated with a restricted diversity of plant species in the Ericaceae, Epacridaceae, and Empetraceae. Hymenoscyphus (Pezizella) ericae was the first fungal species identified as an ericaceous endosymbiont.
All the above fungi live in symbiosis with its host plant and has nothing to do with decaying matter!
Fungi are often thought just live on dead matter but anyone who had thrush, can attest to the fact that fungi, can and does, live on living matter too!

Play that fungi music Artyyyyyy

HAPPY FRIDAY

screaming-goat.gif

The new season of Mando is just *chefs kiss* btw

Yes it is when I went to bed last night I started to rewatch mando since I had just finished weeds… I had now clue there was a new season out now so I ended up staying up watching like 1.5 episodes till around 1 am which is way to late when you have be getting up at 5am l,, definitely feeling it today
1678458241470.gif

@Mossy thanks for the rep!!
images
and Happy Friday?
Seeing as Friday is a day when people traditionally eat fish, here is a fish based music video which mentions eating fish!

Smells like freedom. No work this weekend
Yessir can’t wait only plans are sleeping and playing with the girls think I got a couple ready for harvest which means the tent needs cleaning so I can move the babies in.. So I guess I got some work but the kind I enjoy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back