Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think almost everyone in my generation is influenced by the blues. I remember early '60's senior in high school. Like a bee to nectar drawn to a local club, the Lighthouse, on the Hermosa Bch pier. Pier has washed away, my memories haven't. Old school blues man Long Gone Miles was the act. I could hear the music good from outside, best I had ever heard. Sneak in, get thrown out, how many times?
lol you gotta do what you gotta do to get you blues fix homie, that is a good story. Would have loved to see that music scene in person.

lol you gotta do what you gotta do to get you blues fix homie, that is a good story. Would have loved to see that music scene in person.
There's just nothing like a live venue and by live I mean not just that they're standing in front of you but they have the ability to just pick up on groove and run in different directions with it unrehearsed in scripted no sound dub over crap just live.

I feel the blues had a huge influence on all American music from country to jazz to rockabilly to rock. Had a teacher in school when I went back in like 99. He taught a class on African American music. Later he took us to his Baptist church in Roxbury and the music just blew you away.
The people were just unbelievably nice.
I'm a huge fan of slide cause it's got so much expression just like the human voice .
well said, there just seems to be a transfer of emotion through blues unlike other genre's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back