Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
yup I just use the apera stuff but will be making my own when I need more which will be soon this is what @Olderfart told me about making KCI storage solution

“I buy pure KCL online, and add ~17g/ 100ml, which gives about a 3M solution which is what Apera uses according to their website. The homemade stuff has no preservative in it, so it eventually seems to grow stuff. Since it is so cheap to make, I just change it regularly. It stays cleaner longer if you rinse the probe with RO before replacing in the storage cap.

The biggie with these pens is never let them dry out. If they are not taking readings, they need to be stored in solution. Some tolerate this abuse more than others, but drying them out harms them all”
whoa, my first actual quote! :pighug: :biggrin:

I'm still using the same preservative. Getting low, gonna need another batch shortly. :biggrin:

Almost forgot….
1673972631538.gif

1673972561330.gif

Oh for sure, my stuff would die without a spread sheet. I have CRS.
I've always used a spreadsheet to keep track of stuff, but this is the first time I arranged it to track individual plants in detail plus automatically calculate their age when I open the sheet. I was getting weary of calculating ages for grow updates. I love the age thing. Saves me a surprising degree of nuisance. :pighug:

Pretty fun. Puts a grin on my face. Makes the wife giggle. Not very loud/smelly/tasty but I like weed that makes me smile :mrgreen:
excellent, I look forward to trying it next grow. She has a solo spot guaranteed, maybe a bit pot. :pighug: :cheers:

Ok, I really gotta get to work. Overcast, wet from rain earlier this morning, and a doober isn't very motivating at the moment. No sawdust today, so I can smoke. That's a positive at least! Just gotta get some wax on the machine tops and hit them with some lube...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back