Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is AutoFlowerNetwork.org,,,, so AFNO ?!?!?!😆
Neither of those currently work for me. But I think it's gonna be autoflower.org :shrug:
Screenshot_20230309-172848.png
Screenshot_20230309-172904.png

$3.20 for a Uric acid test at my podiatrist, it was sent to Labcorp.

$56 for the same uric acid test, at my new PCP, but their hospital processed it and not labcorp.

And thats just the uric acid test, I had a whole panel done. Between me and my wife we owe about $1200 just for blood work, and the exact same work would have cost about $20 if we'd gone to labcorp instead.

Thats not double the price. Or 50% more. Or just a little more. No, its 17.5x more. 1750%.

The only way they are getting this is by tricking people who don't know any better.

This is the only industry where they can just go and do something, not ask me, not give me a price for it, charge me wildly above market price, and just expect me to cough it up.

I have my employer and insurance company on one side telling me "You need to be more accountable for your costs, shop around, get and compare prices."

I fucking dare anyone of you to call your doctor and ask what a blood panel will cost. They won't know, they'll have to submit it through your insurance to find out. Not only do I not know the prices, THEY don't know the prices. And if you ask, they get pissed off at you, like you are wasting their time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back