Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning all, up early at five to take the son into work. He got caught by slush and clipped a tree 14” diam maple. Car is shot! Happy Valentine’s Day as well. Wifey is getting surprise flower delivery during work… if they get there in time… if not, then they will deliver here. Gotta take recyclables to dump, pick up son, empty soil from SIP’s ,mix perlite into terracraft blend and water for transplant. Clean, and clean the self. Eat breakfast and lunch in there somewhere. Also puffs along the way. I got from 8 til 3 to achieve this. Some can wait, I guess but I don’t like procrastination. Wish me luck peoples!

:pass:

A little PSA for my fellow Stoners who may be looking for a quality grow light. ParfactWorks is having a killer BOGO sale on these outstanding grow lights:

LP 1000
WF420
ZE250
PT120 Pro

Just follow the link and enter code BOGOPW at checkout to receive your discount for your free light!

Happy Valentines Day Gromigos!

:bighug:

Morning!
2A4268FB-33D4-49BF-9BB2-576019C1B9C5.jpeg

Hey guys, got a question about drying.

What do I do if my stems are still soft but my buds have dried out way too far? Could this be from the humidity being too low in my drying space? I jarred what I had hanging and after 12 hours the rh in the jar hasnt climbed above 41%
I always imagine that this scenario is why we sweat the buds in a paper bag. The moisture will evaporate from the buds more quickly leaving some in the stems. The paper bag slows the evaporation just enough to pull the moisture from the stem into the bud and even it out.

Hey guys, got a question about drying.

What do I do if my stems are still soft but my buds have dried out way too far? Could this be from the humidity being too low in my drying space? I jarred what I had hanging and after 12 hours the rh in the jar hasnt climbed above 41%
I had a lot of trouble with drying too much before putting in the jar. Now i hang the branches in a plastic trash bag to slow down the drying in Winter when my ambient RH is very low. I adjust the size of the opening in the bag as needed, until toward the end it's just a 4" hole.

If it is too dry in the jar, add a fresh bud to the jar. There's enough moisture in one un-cured bud to humidify the whole jar. If there's no fresh bud available, a damp cloth over the mouth of the jar, under the lid will work too. There's no substitute for getting it right the first time though, as you definitely lose something when it gets too dry.

While the branches are hanging in the bag I've been using an Inkbird humidity controller to turn on a small fan blowing into the bag when the RH in the bag is above 65, and off below 63, until it's dry enough to jar. I'm working on an automated system that will open and close the bag, and close it completely before the bud gets too dry. Stay tuned for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back