Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
They base the recommendations on your history bud :kiss:
Lmao not on HBOmax! This is under movies/horror and are alphabetically listed!

See
image.jpg

Different category now but also alphabetical

I hope everyone's weekend has been good so far. At the moment I feel a little sad and lucky at the same time! I was on the way home from picking up my son from Pep Band, (homecoming game), and we stopped @ MickyDs. So it's more convenient to take a different road and there's a place where deer are plentiful, but I was talking to my son and wasn't paying attention. So I'm guessing a 100lb deer comes out of nowhere and I was barely able to hit my brake before wiping it out! Had I been going 5 or 10 mile an hour slower, I believe I could have avoided it. I mean I was only going 35mph, but the thing came out between thick hedges and was running full stride on contact! I had seen deer cross there before and I should have slowed down, (I usually do!). I asked my son if he was ok and he said yeah and then I asked if he thought the deer made it. He said, "no dad, you folded it!" I told him I didn't want to stop because we were less than a mile from home and I didn't want to take a chance on my truck overheating, (in case the grill punctured the radiator). I told him I felt bad about it, but I was surprised he took it so well. He said "The deer will just feed other animals and help them survive the winter and I'm more worried about the truck!" But he did have me look before he got out in case there was any gore left over. To my surprise, only my Tennessee Volunteer license plate was damaged No grill damage and no leaks as far as I can tell with 2 phone lights. More importantly we both arrived home safe! :peace: :pass:

I hope everyone's weekend has been good so far. At the moment I feel a little sad and lucky at the same time! I was on the way home from picking up my son from Pep Band, (homecoming game), and we stopped @ MickyDs. So it's more convenient to take a different road and there's a place where deer are plentiful, but I was talking to my son and wasn't paying attention. So I'm guessing a 100lb deer comes out of nowhere and I was barely able to hit my brake before wiping it out! Had I been going 5 or 10 mile an hour slower, I believe I could have avoided it. I mean I was only going 35mph, but the thing came out between thick hedges and was running full stride on contact! I had seen deer cross there before and I should have slowed down, (I usually do!). I asked my son if he was ok and he said yeah and then I asked if he thought the deer made it. He said, "no dad, you folded it!" I told him I didn't want to stop because we were less than a mile from home and I didn't want to take a chance on my truck overheating, (in case the grill punctured the radiator). I told him I felt bad about it, but I was surprised he took it so well. He said "The deer will just feed other animals and help them survive the winter and I'm more worried about the truck!" But he did have me look before he got out in case there was any gore left over. To my surprise, only my Tennessee Volunteer license plate was damaged No grill damage and no leaks as far as I can tell with 2 phone lights. More importantly we both arrived home safe! :peace: :pass:
Around here we say you haven't lived in Jersey until you've hit a deer or had a Lyme disease scare :shrug: Our kid is 14 and been though a couple deer accidents with no injuries or lasting trauma so far :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back