Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I collected rain water TDS 4 ppm great compared to my tap water 265 ppm.
But the pH is a different story....
Rain water pH 5.5 and tap water pH 6.5.
I'm sure sodium bicarbonate NaHCO3 will raise the pH since it's alkaline and a satd soln is probably around like 8 plus pH.
However I'm guessing I don't want that sodium ion in there.
So what do people use?
Is pH up a KOH or CaOH2 solution ? What concentration those can be pretty strong bases.
Probably smartest move is to just buy pH up is my guess lol.

I only ask b/c I'd guess others here might collect rain water and donuts for dollars they probably need to raise the pH with acid rain and all
Hey Kirka I'll be serious for a sec My ph up is potassium carbonate.... I am just guessing but I assume the really low ppm rain water your testing is very similar to distilled water and is going to have no buffering capacity so if you were use ph up it might just go way beyond 7 I would add some additives to it like JP said silica or little cal-mag 50-60ppm then check your ph :d5:
5C4A7B34-8BEE-4EF5-B460-8DCC13200D01.jpeg

Hey Kirka I'll be serious for a sec My ph up is potassium carbonate.... I am just guessing but I assume the really low ppm rain water your testing is very similar to distilled water and is going to have no buffering capacity so if you were use ph up it might just go way beyond 7 I would add some additives to it like JP said silica or little cal-mag 50-60ppm then check your ph :d5:View attachment 1553171
Cool and thanks!!!
I'll add my cal mag and nutes? Then go from there!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back