Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn the Pizza was fantastic,

IMG_20230126_163424706.jpg
IMG_20230126_165448911.jpg

The gluten free dough cooks a little faster than regular dough so I needed to let the oven get down to about 650°F to 700°F before the edges didn't burn as much but the burnt actually tasted pretty good not like the wheat flour?

Nice pizza oven @Mañ'O'Green! Did you make that? There was a family that had a brick pizza oven mounted on a trailer at the farmers' market in Ithaca, NY. They had 2 lines of people waiting to order 9" personal size pizzas with a choice of 4 toppings. The oven was so hot they only took a couple minutes to cook.
A pizza can cook in 90 seconds at 800°F, The gluten free dough likes a lower temp and a little longer maybe 2 minutes.

In May of 2011 my wife and I were sitting on the front yard patio, I was drunk as you can get before passing out, Ms MOG stated she wished we had a pizza oven. We were hidden from the street by 4 - 50' cypress trees and various other shrubs and trees. The next day I told her I would get started on the oven. She could not believe I even remembered the conversation. We paid $1K to get the cypress removed and the rest I removed. I budgeted $3500 for the project. It took most of June to get the permits approved actually they decided I did't need a permit but they did approve the plot plan. I started digging the foundation trenches and setting the forms for the block fence and the oven on July 1, 2011. I hired three men to pour the 5 yards of cement and to teach me how to lay brick. I studied google but the hands on training mixing mortar and keeping it all plumb and level was invaluable. I bought a DVD with 100 pictures and plans to build the oven from Rado here:

Rado is an oven engineer from Australia and the brick dimensions from there do not translate well to American brick sizes, so I ditched the plans and just used the pictures and overall inside dimensions of the oven to build it. The inside dimensions and door opening need to match for the oven to work well. I did not own a pick-up at the time so I hauled all of the cement, mortar rebar etc. in my Hyundai Elantra. I called it my Elantruck :rofl: I could only carry 5 80# bags at a time. So you go to home depot wheel a flat bed cart to the cement lift 5 80# sacks on to the cart, wheel them out to the car load them, drive home unload them to a cart then stack them where you will lift one into the mixer add water to make it heavier then unload in to a 5 gallon bucket to pour on the project.
August 13 build the mixer and mix first batch of cement :rofl::rofl::rofl: to finish the block wall.
P8050041.jpgP8130058.jpgP8130060.jpgP8130064_InPixio.jpgOven2-16.jpg
oven 3-15.jpgoven 3-30.jpgOven 4-04.jpg It was about this stage when I wanted to quit. I was wore out and the temps were over 105°F every day.

Pouring the sarcophagus around the fire chamber was the hardest day of work I have ever done. 35 sacks of cement mixed with extra cement and lime and water and it had to be completed in a single pour. There can be no seam. The lime dust permeated my t-shirt mixed with my sweat and gave me a chemical burn on my tits. I threw off the shirt hosed myself off threw on another shirt and finished the pour.

Oven 7-01.jpgOven 7-10.jpgOven 7-22.jpg

Lots more work but on November 11, 2011 I finished. It cost a little over $7K by the time I was done.

A little wave of nausea reminded me that with taking these damn antibiotics, my digestive tract is gonna be screwed up for a while!
Antibiotics always screw with my mental state too.............like I need more of that!
So. for a whole month. I've got to deal with it......two weeks taking the stuff and two weeks to BEGIN to feel normal again.:face:

@WildBill eat sour kraut and Yogurt and take some good probiotics. I try to avoid anti-biotics becaus the F-up my guts.

I was gonna say One for the Ladies......:yeah:....but....One for the husband/boyfriends if they Know what is Good for them...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back