Light Proof Closet?

Got a link to which one you bought? I'm curious as it might be a solution to the curtain I have hiding my tent currently.

This is my go to for "sealing" for light and smell leaks. It's also pretty flexible for joints, hinges, etc... I had some thin spots develop around the zipper and stiching. This fixed it up pretty good.

18482.jpg

My carbon filter was supposed to arrive today but parcelforce never bothered to deliver it. They are always a major let down! They failed to deliver my OnaGel the last grow I did. So I'm hoping it comes within a few days tops. I'm 4 weeks in and these ladies are stinking already! Forbidden Runtz is gonna be super stanky when shes done for sure.

I'm in the UK, so if you are in the US you may be offered alternative brands etc.

Amazon product

Before I taped the heck out of my tent, smell was escaping like crazy. I thought my filter was defecting so I built a massive carbon scrubber bucket that i vent my tent into. I sort of followed this DIY guide:

If you're running a 4" filter/fan/duct work it's pretty easy to connect to. The carbon pellets were the hardest to source just due to cost.

Guy on here did one too:

I did mine somewhere between the two. Wrapped the outside with a carbon furnace pet filter too. I am beyond paranoid due to the cost of getting caught. Aside from the law, my wife will swat me to death with a wicker rug beater if I'm lucky.

Lol, I love not worrying about the smell. Gate is always chained, screen door always closed, front doors closed, mostly, dogs let me know as soon as that chain rattles on front gate.

Before I taped the heck out of my tent, smell was escaping like crazy. I thought my filter was defecting so I built a massive carbon scrubber bucket that i vent my tent into. I sort of followed this DIY guide:

If you're running a 4" filter/fan/duct work it's pretty easy to connect to. The carbon pellets were the hardest to source just due to cost.

Guy on here did one too:

I did mine somewhere between the two. Wrapped the outside with a carbon furnace pet filter too. I am beyond paranoid due to the cost of getting caught. Aside from the law, my wife will swat me to death with a wicker rug beater if I'm lucky.

Thanks bro i will check those DIY guides out! I ordered a 5" rhino hobby filter so hoping it will do the job... along with Ona Pro if need be.

My head was melted trying to stop light leaks on my old pine wardrobe turned on its side, I ended up just covering the whole wardrobe with a thermal blanket, and set all my tools and stuff on top of it in the boiler house shed,
You wouldn't have a clue it's even there, the wife still don't know,,, lol

Zipper door came. Installing it within the hour and will let u all know how it goes. Seems to look as if its gonna do the job.

Edit:
It works. But gotta make sure you vent your closet because the humidity does rise! Which may lead to another light leak lol. Not sure how ill deal with that for now. Any suggestions?

Thinking of cutting hole in the corner of the wall at the closet and putting a small vent over it. Just to let some fresh air in. And vent the hot odour air out the top and leave the window open so it eventually goes out window.

Any suggestions are welcome lads! Need to try come up with some nice stable setup that remains stealthy

Last edited:
Zipper door came. Installing it within the hour and will let u all know how it goes. Seems to look as if its gonna do the job.

Edit:
It works. But gotta make sure you vent your closet because the humidity does rise! Which may lead to another light leak lol. Not sure how ill deal with that for now. Any suggestions?
Vent out using ducting that goes down the back,

Square of black cloth hanging down over intake or a convoluted 4 in pvc pipe fittings, spray painted flat black on inside.

20210530_181846.jpg

Zip door installed and does amazing. Humidty goes up to 90 percent when closed though. Awaiting my filter on Tuesday so i can get it vented properly.
20210530_181555.jpg

Back