Light Proof Closet?

Zipper door! Great idea. Do post some pics when you get it fitted or operational.

A curtain, even the sheet mentioned just folded over and pinned at the top around a rod/stick should work. And you could have this on the inside or outside of the tent.

A curtain, even the sheet mentioned just folded over and pinned at the top around a rod/stick should work. And you could have this on the inside or outside of the tent.

I tried an old blackout blind but the problem is, it has to be sealed perfectly to block the light out. And to seal it, it has to be pinned properly to the inner door frame. Then another problem lays, getting in and out the closet during feeds n so on. I am going to see if amazon prime has next day delivery for a zipper door. I may try a curtain, but either way means I'd have to go purchase a fairly thick one that will block enough light out then a curtain pole for it to sit in. I'd prob be cheaper using the zipper door for £12 or so

Hope this makes sense!!!

Self adhesive weather stripping. But dont put it on the door jam, stick it around the face of the door.

It comes in different thickness so you may have to experiment with the right one. Too thick door won't close, too thin and it doesn't fully fill the gap between door and jam.

When just right door will still close with a little extra push and will be sealed all around.

Hope this makes sense!!!

Self adhesive weather stripping. But dont put it on the door jam, stick it around the face of the door.

It comes in different thickness so you may have to experiment with the right one. Too thick door won't close, too thin and it doesn't fully fill the gap between door and jam.

When just right door will still close with a little extra push and will be sealed all around.

I was going to do this, but the weather seal becomes noticable on the outside and makes it a bit more suspect tbh. I'm just avoiding the weatherseal for now because its more hassle than its worth so far. Bought two packs with no joy. I will post pics when my zipper door comes tomorrow is installed and we'll see how it goes. Only problem with zipper door is, i will have to spend more time attaching a reflective material to the inside of it

I tried an old blackout blind but the problem is, it has to be sealed perfectly to block the light out. And to seal it, it has to be pinned properly to the inner door frame. Then another problem lays, getting in and out the closet during feeds n so on. I am going to see if amazon prime has next day delivery for a zipper door. I may try a curtain, but either way means I'd have to go purchase a fairly thick one that will block enough light out then a curtain pole for it to sit in. I'd prob be cheaper using the zipper door for £12 or so
First of all, if you are growing autoflowering strains, you don't need to mess with blocking light at all.

And even if these are photoperiod strains, you don't need "to be sealed perfectly to block the light out," with plants used to and not adversely reacting to low levels of light, e.g., from moon, street lights, etc. Just as long as it's obviously dark inside during your desired 'dark' periods. I presume that the blockage you've already tried, but that isn't absolute blockage, will do the job.

Last edited:
First of all, if you are growing autoflowering strains, you don't need to mess with blocking light at all.

And even if these are photoperiod strains, you don't need "to be sealed perfectly to block the light out," with plants used to and not adversely reacting to low levels of light, e.g., from moon, street lights, etc. Just as long as it's obviously dark inside during your desired 'dark' periods. I presume that the blockage you've already tried, but that isn't absolute blockage, will do the job.
I am not interested in blocking out light for messing up the light cycles of photoperiods or autoflower plants. I am growing autoflowers and blocking out the light is soley so that others don't notice it.

Tough spot. This hobby doesn't lend itself to stealth easily does it? Light, smell, attention, watering, feeding, etc... Good luck friend! I hope you get it figured out and working.

Tough spot. This hobby doesn't lend itself to stealth easily does it? Light, smell, attention, watering, feeding, etc... Good luck friend! I hope you get it figured out and working.

Thank you brother for taking your time to help advise me and such. My zipper door will be here tomorrow from amazon. It cost like $15 bucks. The great thing is, it blocks out light, heavy duty, blocks out particles such as dust, but best of all it allows air!

I will update this thread tomorrow once I get it up and let you all know how effective it is in case anyone plans closet grows and needs to be stealthy about it.

:cheers: :smoker1:

Got a link to which one you bought? I'm curious as it might be a solution to the curtain I have hiding my tent currently.

This is my go to for "sealing" for light and smell leaks. It's also pretty flexible for joints, hinges, etc... I had some thin spots develop around the zipper and stiching. This fixed it up pretty good.

18482.jpg

Back