Lighting Less plants, more yield with the Skyline 600 / 400 / 100

NG420

Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Hello to you beautiful AFN'ers!!

With the Glueberrys finish flowering going into their dry and cure phase over the next few weeks... I really couldn't help myself with the arrivals of the sky100s, so i decided to hit the ground running with the next run... WOOPWOOP!!!

Hence the title... I have decided to only do 4 plants this time, 5 is great but I think that I can maybe increase the yield with the less is more theory... The lighting remains the same as the last grow!!! ... Let's try it!

So after deliberating, I popped open the fridge, opened my container of potentials, rolled one up and starting contemplating…

First thought I would show some of my collection. It is split between 3 fridges and after two joints of wedding cake… I could barely count. So here is one faction

Seed collection.jpg

The seedstockers one here is the BCN Critical XXL.
The seeds in vials with the letters are Mephisto freebies the strains are…

mephisto freebies.jpg

11= illuminauto 11 - White stomper

WCH = White Chemdawg

CD = Chemdawg

NCH = Northern Cheese Haze

CDLC = Creme De La Chem

ROG = Ripleys OG

3BOG = 3 Bears OG

Also… I don’t know why I have so many grape walker kush… I think some of those are freebies too… So kind of you Mephisto!!!

SO, back to it, after listening to the grow OGs on here, @TheArchitect @Teetee @muddy-ledhydroponic @Taipan , Thank you guys!

I have decided to go for 3 Dutch Passion Lemon Zkittle and 1 Alien Vs Triangle by Mephisto Genetics.

I did debate the BCN Critical XXL, but I have been DYING to see if the proof is in the pudding of these AVT/Mephisto hype… Hard nugs of super frosty, A grade, super potent bud?… 25%+ THC… lets see!

So once I was sure, out they came from their packs and were plopped into some room temp tap water for 12 hours… In 2 glasses...

AVT cup.jpg

LEMON ZKIT.jpg

Meanwhile I mixed the batmix/coir into their 20l Airpots and washed them through a few times, then left on a riser to drip dry.

coco bat mix.jpg
pre water mix.jpg

After the soak was complete I put the seeds directly into the pots. This is the same method I used previous with a couple tweaks.

Seed in pots.jpg

I have marked where the seed was planted with a pipe cleaner.

Also the seed wasn’t placed as deep into the soil as previous, hopefully speeding up theratethey break soil.

I am using the humidifier on a riser AND plastic cups to retain the 80/90% moisture needed for seed starting.

I have misted the inside of the cups and soil to saturation with regular tap water.

I am not starting feeding for the first two weeks this time… Until week 2, I will give regular tap water and add the cal mag at a lower dose. Possibly 50% recommended until week 3.

Here are the two sky 100s in their new space! The girls will have loads of room to stretch / get staked out / have some aggressive LST done etc.

Seeds in side shot.jpg

So the clocks ticking now to see when / if at all they break soil.

WIsh me luck… peace.

WOW, loads seeds bro. nice selection of seeds.
Are you mixing coco+soil? You must be getting advice from master Shifu M.
I also mixing coco soil. it works great and don't have feed seedlings for the first 14 to 20 days.
Sub in this grow bro. :pop::coffee::pop:
:pass::pass:

WOW, loads seeds bro. nice selection of seeds.
Are you mixing coco+soil? You must be getting advice from master Shifu M.
I also mixing coco soil. it works great and don't have feed seedlings for the first 14 to 20 days.
Sub in this grow bro. :pop::coffee::pop:
:pass::pass:

Thank you @Taipan bro... Ahaaaaa young grasshoppperrr!!! and you mate, all the advice on here is priceless!!

Yeah bro i am mixing coco and soil with a 50/50. Yeah thats the one, the same approach i have taken... Skip the plagron light and save money on nutes! ahaha.

Really looking forward to making these girls grow!!!

hi mate

just checked out your first grow. nice damn work.

tuning in for the AvT :headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

Thank you so much @Froot n Fuel !!!I am nothing without AFN and the community. I am about to do an update over there so i will tag you in on it too. Hopefully they will be done soon!!

Im glad you are as excited as i for the AVT's.

peace.

looking good dude and subbed in....:d5:....if you are planning some aggressive LST, pop over to my thread when you have time....I have made a framework that is cheap and easy to use that might help you....:smiley1:

looking good dude and subbed in....:d5:....if you are planning some aggressive LST, pop over to my thread when you have time....I have made a framework that is cheap and easy to use that might help you....:smiley1:

that sounds like something i will definitely do, im always looking for tips! Ill check it out, would you care to link it on here?

thanks a lot @Vapo69

peace

Hello to you beautiful AFN'ers!!

With the Glueberrys finish flowering going into their dry and cure phase over the next few weeks... I really couldn't help myself with the arrivals of the sky100s, so i decided to hit the ground running with the next run... WOOPWOOP!!!

Hence the title... I have decided to only do 4 plants this time, 5 is great but I think that I can maybe increase the yield with the less is more theory... The lighting remains the same as the last grow!!! ... Let's try it!

So after deliberating, I popped open the fridge, opened my container of potentials, rolled one up and starting contemplating…

First thought I would show some of my collection. It is split between 3 fridges and after two joints of wedding cake… I could barely count. So here is one faction

View attachment 1052983

The seedstockers one here is the BCN Critical XXL.
The seeds in vials with the letters are Mephisto freebies the strains are…

View attachment 1052981

11= illuminauto 11 - White stomper

WCH = White Chemdawg

CD = Chemdawg

NCH = Northern Cheese Haze

CDLC = Creme De La Chem

ROG = Ripleys OG

3BOG = 3 Bears OG

Also… I don’t know why I have so many grape walker kush… I think some of those are freebies too… So kind of you Mephisto!!!

SO, back to it, after listening to the grow OGs on here, @TheArchitect @Teetee @muddy-ledhydroponic @Taipan , Thank you guys!

I have decided to go for 3 Dutch Passion Lemon Zkittle and 1 Alien Vs Triangle by Mephisto Genetics.

I did debate the BCN Critical XXL, but I have been DYING to see if the proof is in the pudding of these AVT/Mephisto hype… Hard nugs of super frosty, A grade, super potent bud?… 25%+ THC… lets see!

So once I was sure, out they came from their packs and were plopped into some room temp tap water for 12 hours… In 2 glasses...

View attachment 1052978

View attachment 1052980

Meanwhile I mixed the batmix/coir into their 20l Airpots and washed them through a few times, then left on a riser to drip dry.

View attachment 1052979 View attachment 1052984

After the soak was complete I put the seeds directly into the pots. This is the same method I used previous with a couple tweaks.

View attachment 1052982

I have marked where the seed was planted with a pipe cleaner.

Also the seed wasn’t placed as deep into the soil as previous, hopefully speeding up theratethey break soil.

I am using the humidifier on a riser AND plastic cups to retain the 80/90% moisture needed for seed starting.

I have misted the inside of the cups and soil to saturation with regular tap water.

I am not starting feeding for the first two weeks this time… Until week 2, I will give regular tap water and add the cal mag at a lower dose. Possibly 50% recommended until week 3.

Here are the two sky 100s in their new space! The girls will have loads of room to stretch / get staked out / have some aggressive LST done etc.

View attachment 1052990

So the clocks ticking now to see when / if at all they break soil.

WIsh me luck… peace.
Good luck and you should enter in a battle.

Back