What should i grow additionally? Gonna take 3 more plants!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

L0wbob2017

Mixing light is fun!
Reaction score
So after some time in researching a lot about all types of cannabis, light and soil i wanted to start something with the knowledge i collected in my brain.

Since @TheMongol is growing some very nice auto-strains and also some pretty good chilis, i decided to start growing legal plants at my home.

There is a main reason for this and a nice side-effect.
The main reason is that i can learn more about growing plants that give me a harvest i can eat and use in the kitchen.

The nice side-effect is, that i am getting more and more equipment over time so in the end,
after learning a lot and harvesting a few rounds of different vegetables,
i will have everything i need to grow anything i want.

At the moment i got a lot ideas what to grow but i have to start with something so i decided to get the worlds hottest chili, the california reaper.
I know this chili is to hot for beeing used in any good way, but it looks very nice and i will try to eat a piece of one of them when they are finished.

This beeing said i will continue to show you my equipment i got so far. There is more on they way :D

So at first i wanted to be sure that any plants i grow will survive the winter. The problem in winter is, that there is not much light coming from my windows. So i am going to build a growroom.

I ended up with this configuration:
[Place] | [Pots & Soil] | [Seeds] | [Light] ( Parts are on their way )

Last edited:
[Place]

It is a SecretJardin HydroShoot 80 (80x80x160cm)
5.jpg

At the moment it is just built up and used for first 3 seeds to start. They need 25-29°C and for this i got a little heatmat. All in the tent i get the temps i need for the best start.

6.jpg
8.jpg

Things i had:
  • The digital timeclock i had over and now it is beeing used which is nice.
  • I got a PH-meter that is at @TheMongol at the moment. It is a HM Digital PH-200.
  • I also got a EC/PPM-meter that is also at @TheMongol at the moment. It is from GHB and can read EC and PPM.
I also ordered a digital thermometer for 4 bucks.

Things i will get in future:
  • In the future i am going to get a hygrometer for humidity measurements. Also i will get a soil ph tester.

Last edited:
[Pots & Soil]

Since it was my first order from that shop i ordered everything to start from, i ordered only 1 growbag per size to see what fits my needings. Same thing for the mats to lay under the growbags.

[Pots]
  • 10 Eazy-Plug's [ the big ones 7.5x7.5x6cm ]
  • Growbags i ordered in 1L, 4L, 11L and 19L

[Soil]
For the soil i ordered the "Canna Terra Seed Mix" for the early seeds and the "Canna Bio Terra Plus - Improved Version" for the potting mix, in which they will stay till they die. Also i got some perlites.

1.jpg
2.jpg
4.jpg

I am going to try to stay as much organic as i can but maybe i will also try chemical fertilizers. For my first run i decided to get the supersoil from my buddy @TheMongol and also started to ferment the supersoil-bio-terra-plus-mix in the right amount. You can see the bags in the background.

3.jpg
7.jpg

[Fertilizer & Additives]
So i think i am pretty good equipped for legal plants. Even if the supersoil is not enough i am saved with the rest nutes i got from the outdoor run. I think Advanced Nutrients will also be good for non cannabis plants :D

Also i got some Mycorr's in stock if needed. ( edit: the supersoil doesnt like to be mixed with mycorrs so i wont do that )

Last edited:
[Seeds]

So like i said, i ordered for my first seeds, the california reaper seeds.

Seeds to come/try:
  • Capsicum
    • Paprika
    • Peperoncini (Peperoni)
    • Jalapeño
    • Chili
  • Salat
  • Tomatoes
  • Cucumber
  • Potatoes
  • Carrots
  • Basil ( normal and black version )
  • Garlic
  • Onion

First round will be:
  • Capsicum chinense California Reaper
  • Poll result no. 1
  • Poll result no. 2
  • Poll result no. 3
Second round will be:
  • You tell me!

Last edited:
[Light]

well like i said, the parts for my COB light are on their way.

For now i can tell that much:
  • Driver: HLG-320H-C2800-B with 100K poti for dimming
  • COB: only 1 Bridgelux Gen 7 Vero 29 3000K ( Partnumber: BXRC-30E10K0-C-73 | it is the ~70V version )
  • Heatsink: a special passive Heatsink that can take up to 300W heat.
  • Reflector: I got some Ledil Angelina's (90°) left from my Spaceship.

I know it is more like an overkill, but this light can be used for many applications hehehe

As soon as all parts are here i will do a new DIY thread :D

Last edited:
Bwahaha...LMAO...MAJOR LOL!
LB's Legal Adventures...Naaahhhh, you're so funnybuddy!
For sure this one will be a great thing, seeing the sience artist at it's best growing LEGAl....have to calm down!
Will do a major call on yours tomorrow, bro!

I will start this journey with

[California Reaper]
  • The instructions for the seeds said i need to lay them 12-24 hours into 25°C warm water, which i did with a shot glass standing on a warming-mat.
  • I prepared 3 Eazy-Plug's and got them also on the warmin-mat. I did 3 because the internet said about 50% of the seeds dont germinate or grow bad plants. I will take the best plant.
  • I mixed 2 bags of supersoil. 1 bag is for the bottom, so it has more supersoil in it and the other is for the top with a lighter supersoil mix. Both were watered with 10% of their volume and put into a closed bag for fermenting for 7 days.
  • After 24 hours i took all 3 seeds out of the water and put 1 seed into each Eazy-Plug. They came back into the seedtray on the warming-mat.
  • At the moment i am using a 12W 4000K LED Bulb for 2 bucks, hanging from above at 30cm distance for a bit of light.
  • I am reading the temp all the time and it is stable at about 26.5°C.
Once i can see a head of any of the 3 seeds i am going to call this day 1. I am also going to label all germinating seeds and let AFN decide which to take for my round :D

So the soil is fermenting for 24 hours now and the seeds have been put in the Eazy-Plug's after beeing 24 hours in 25°C warm water.

Last edited:
[Seeds]

So like i said, i ordered for my first seeds, the california reaper seeds.

Seeds to come/try:
  • Capsicum
    • Paprika
    • Peperoni
    • Jalapeño
    • Chili
  • Salat
  • Tomatoes
  • Cucumber
  • Potatoes
  • Carrots
  • Balsamico ( normal and black version )
  • Garlic
  • Onion

First round will be:
  • Capsicum chinense California Reaper
Second round will be:
  • You tell me!
along for the ride,have just tried jalapeno this year first time ever.
balsamacico cant say ive heard of it before.
peperoni ?
:pighug:

Back