Jraven's New Soil. Time to dig in.

Here's what we have going for garden beds, the front one's 2/3 full, not full tlo yet but have added some ammendments. The other one is just getting started. We'll use part of it for post-bokashi composting for now. That's kale growing in there... it grew all winter, we had plastic over it for a month or two.

P_20160328_094812_1_p.jpg
Also in the news I popped a seed, a freebie from my Mephisto order. Will see how it does in the solarium starting this early. This is mainly to try out my tlo soil which was mixed up a mont or so ago.

Man we've hardly had any snow this year, its been such a strong El Nino year and it's looking like spring for sure now. That's why I couldn't help myself from popping a seed :biggrin:

Here's what we have going for garden beds, the front one's 2/3 full, not full tlo yet but have added some ammendments. The other one is just getting started. We'll use part of it for post-bokashi composting for now. That's kale growing in there... it grew all winter, we had plastic over it for a month or two.

View attachment 546892
Also in the news I popped a seed, a freebie from my Mephisto order. Will see how it does in the solarium starting this early. This is mainly to try out my tlo soil which was mixed up a mont or so ago.
Man I wish I had that garden in my yard. I like the hoop house conversion too. We once grew flowers in old work boots for fun. I love repurposing things.

From the look of it you have a decent forest behind the garden. I'm a bit jealous. We also have woods, but it is a cypress marsh, and has standing water 9mo of the year. Not much on it's floor I can use.

There are !ots of those old skiffs around, since we're off the road system and they're the main mode of transportation here. They last a long time, 20+years, but eventually you find yourself bailing them out a lot.

View attachment 535383 View attachment 535383 View attachment 535382
My soil ingredients are starting to arrive.
Earthworm castings (bought some extra cause it looks like we don't have enough homemade) I'll be using both
Composted steer manure.
Bat guano 9-3-1
Bat guano 0-7-0
Fishbone meal 3-16-0
Neem seed meal
Garden Lime
Alfalfa meal
EM-1 Bokashi
Azomite
Still coming is:
Rock phosphate
Kelp meal
Perlite
Haha now I'll have to figure out the math since I probably don't have the exact ingredients for any one recipe. :shrug:
Wish the UK had more Guano choices, would love to be able to buy that Sunleaves box, reckon you could potentially do a grow from start to finish with it, just add a bit of mycos and rock dust.

Back