Jraven's New Soil. Time to dig in.

Yep it's right outside the door, piles up in long windrows along the high tide line. Fucus is the most common. I'll get some composting eventually.
For now I have a commercial kelp meal product for my first batch of tlo:)
Joe, what part of the state are you thinking about?

Near Anchorage so I can find work easy and my wife can have running water and electricity :) I am a boiler/Ammonia refrigeration mechanic in a food processing plant. My in laws are moving first. My brother in law has family in a place I think called Wasilla and is going to find work with them and me and my wire are going to move about a year after. Going to send the in laws with money to go half on a piece of land so were ever they buy land is were I am looking for work hahaha. Honestly the more off grid and back woods it is the happier I will be. If I had well water, candles for light and wood heat I would be in heaven but my wife would be in hell so I have to compromise :)

Should be better gardening there. We're down in the panhandle. and it's pretty challenging, grey and rainy a lot. We're off grid here but have hydropower and solar to help keep the fuel consumption down.
Above all keep the wife happy:)

Jraven do you have a hard time getting seeds shipped? I have a pretty good portfolio of seeds auto and photo. I plan on doing my autos out doors in the short season and my photos indoors.

Haven't had any trouble in the past. However my current order from Mephisto has been slow in coming. It was shipped promptly but is a bit overdue. Really, everything takes longer to reach this location. Our mail comes out from town on a seaplane after all the other contortions it goes through:) I'll contact Mitch in the next few days if they don't show up.
Autos are great for me since I really need to have the harvest in by the end of September. We take the opportunity to make a trip down to Washington state (after our fishing season) and back before winter makes travel difficult.
I don't do any lighted grows it would take quite an investment but maybe someday:)

DSCN0732.JPG
DSCN0732.JPG View attachment 535382
My soil ingredients are starting to arrive.
Earthworm castings (bought some extra cause it looks like we don't have enough homemade) I'll be using both
Composted steer manure.
Bat guano 9-3-1
Bat guano 0-7-0
Fishbone meal 3-16-0
Neem seed meal
Garden Lime
Alfalfa meal
EM-1 Bokashi
Azomite
Still coming is:
Rock phosphate
Kelp meal
Perlite
Haha now I'll have to figure out the math since I probably don't have the exact ingredients for any one recipe. :shrug:

Last edited:
Howdy Eyes, yea hoping I'm getting to where I'll be able to mix this up and get her cooking. I sure don't mind ordering more stuff that can be added or applied later on. Grow and bloom crystals eh? Are those the products you showed a few days back in one of your posts?

uhhh LOL dunno LOL my memory sux man.LOL stoned and have MS. but prolly.Ive shown them a few times. I use the brand the rev mentions but again Im not a massive fan of his greedy ass but they are really good though. but most any decent organic comprised organic compress of stuffs should work fine imo. does me right. and no need to lack heavy On N either. half way as you would and that way it'll have enough left over for a back to back run.my soils last no less than twice once the roots are composted back into the mix.

Back