Outdoor Jravens Alaska Summer 2020

Now that is a ripper of a boat mate . This is the type of boats I used to work on . :thumbsup:
1588957728745.png

This is what we where after .Coral Trout . a boat like this would have 4 tenders [ 14 foot ] 40 Hp outboards and use hand lines single hook , we
would be out at sea till we filled the boat ,could take up to 8 weeks
1588957971569.png

That sounds like fun..not sure about the 8 weeks though hehe. So the big boat would have a freezer hold?
Now that is a ripper of a boat mate . This is the type of boats I used to work on . :thumbsup:
View attachment 1188300
This is what we where after .Coral Trout . a boat like this would have 4 tenders [ 14 foot ] 40 Hp outboards and use hand lines single hook , we
would be out at sea till we filled the boat ,could take up to 8 weeks
View attachment 1188301

Yes mate , big freezer , we would fillet the fish at the end of the day and pack the fillets in cartons . Now they all do live fish , 2 weeks is a long trip for them , all tenders have Depth sounders , GPS . radio , had none of that when I did it . 25 years ago . If you took the gear away from them , most would not be able to catch a fish . or find there way back to the main boat . :biggrin:

:woohoo1::dancer::woohoo1: Time to get busy with the ladiezz J-Ray! ...nice line up as usual, PQuack is one of several variations I gather... Last year Stone sent Space Quack, Grape Quack (semi-auto), Green Quack, but I think GQ is the only auto, SQ is early generation (F1?).... Is the PQ a true duckfoot version? Those are a hoot!

Congrad's on the new boat- :woohoo: She's a beaut'! .... Amazing, the old gal at 85! ...I hope you can get her soon mate, you must be going nutters -:pighug:

Yes mate , big freezer , we would fillet the fish at the end of the day and pack the fillets in cartons . Now they all do live fish , 2 weeks is a long trip for them , all tenders have Depth sounders , GPS . radio , had none of that when I did it . 25 years ago . If you took the gear away from them , most would not be able to catch a fish . or find there way back to the main boat . :biggrin:
I started out with none of that stuff too...it was quite an adventure. I had a little open boat with a lawnmower engine :smoking:
Got all the gear now saves a lot of labor physically and mentally. I had to get GPS when I saw the beginners fishing circles around me :cuss::rofl:
Not much live-fish delivery here (too far fom market) except some shellfish

:woohoo1::dancer::woohoo1: Time to get busy with the ladiezz J-Ray! ...nice line up as usual, PQuack is one of several variations I gather... Last year Stone sent Space Quack, Grape Quack (semi-auto), Green Quack, but I think GQ is the only auto, SQ is early generation (F1?).... Is the PQ a true duckfoot version? Those are a hoot!

Congrad's on the new boat- :woohoo: She's a beaut'! .... Amazing, the old gal at 85! ...I hope you can get her soon mate, you must be going nutters -:pighug:
Hey Waira buddy:toke:Yea, you know,:eyebrows: I wouldn't be bothered by the pandemic if I wasnt slavering over my new boat, dammit here I am safe and sound but wanting sooo bad to go down to that cesspool to get at her.:crying:That old gal she's still holding together but I just can't keep her up anymore ( sort of like her crew) She's a rare beauty though
The Pquack seems to be 'partially' duckfooted...from the pics I've seen some leaves look normal and some look webbed. I hope she's able to finish in time.:clapper:

Hey Waira buddy:toke:Yea, you know,:eyebrows: I wouldn't be bothered by the pandemic if I wasnt slavering over my new boat, dammit here I am safe and sound but wanting sooo bad to go down to that cesspool to get at her.:crying:That old gal she's still holding together but I just can't keep her up anymore ( sort of like her crew) She's a rare beauty though
The Pquack seems to be 'partially' duckfooted...from the pics I've seen some leaves look normal and some look webbed. I hope she's able to finish in time.:clapper:
Hey @Jraven ! Pquacks are auto, but take 100 days according to Stone. Should be ready to chop early September. I’m considering giving a couple a soak myself.

Hey @Jraven ! Pquacks are auto, but take 100 days according to Stone. Should be ready to chop early September. I’m considering giving a couple a soak myself.
Oh I see, well it's good I'm starting them now then anyway if they are longer term. Everything takes a little longer here. Thanks for the info. :thumbsup:

Nice to see a fellow northern grower!

I grew some Hybrids From Hell Leb27S a couple of years ago at 59 degrees north here in Norway. It did well, but didn't quite finish cause of a rainy september and got some moldspots. But it was a nice smoke for socializing and grabbing some beers.

Good luck with your grow and I'll tag along your journal:smoker1:

Back