Indoor Itisivolution. Paradise loft.

What's cottage pie? Sounds like it was yummy, though! [emoji121] [emoji6] [emoji108]

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

It's like shepherds pie, but with beef and sliced potatoes rather than lamb and mash.

Hmmm...we call that a meat potato loaf in Brazil. But we say "bolo de batata com carne." [emoji121] [emoji6]

This is how it's done in my house:
Fry off sliced onions until softened then brown beef mince (I use 500g) in the same pan.
Add a 400g tin of chopped tomatoes, a good squirt of tomato puree and cook through a little more.
Add a heaped tablespoon of sweet pickle and stir in, then add a 400g tin of baked beans.
Heat until simmering then add some beef gravy granules until it's thickened.
Place into an oven proof dish leaving enough room on top for a layer of mashed potatoes.
Sprinkle over some grated cheddar cheese and brown in the oven for about 35 minutes.

I never use sliced potatoes, it's always mash. It made 8 servings but we had two each so there are four to go in the freezer.

20170106_060048.jpg
Testing testing.
20170106_060048.jpg

This is how it's done in my house:
Fry off sliced onions until softened then brown beef mince (I use 500g) in the same pan.
Add a 400g tin of chopped tomatoes, a good squirt of tomato puree and cook through a little more.
Add a heaped tablespoon of sweet pickle and stir in, then add a 400g tin of baked beans.
Heat until simmering then add some beef gravy granules until it's thickened.
Place into an oven proof dish leaving enough room on top for a layer of mashed potatoes.
Sprinkle over some grated cheddar cheese and brown in the oven for about 35 minutes.

I never use sliced potatoes, it's always mash. It made 8 servings but we had two each so there are four to go in the freezer.

I was told, it's sliced for Cottage pie like the tiles on a cottage roof and mash for Shepard's pie coz its like fluffy sheep.

OMG! Helping Hand and I were talking about it just the other day and also Eclectic Ellis, and I said I thought you made it. And I was just watching videos on how to make it. What's your recipe? [emoji2] [emoji106] [emoji108]

I'm using ej mix at the MO, had some separation issues that may have been my fault. Still experimenting at the moment.
IMAG1168.jpg

The sub ohm mod certainly gets it into you!

Meanwhile the filthy yanks across the pond call a beef pie with mashed taters on top "Sheppard's Pie," we're not even classy enough for a Cottage Pie. (We often use hamburger for the beef part.) My wife makes "Clean out the fridge casserole" - leftovers thrown together topped with mashed potatoes...somehow she makes it delicious.

Meanwhile the filthy yanks across the pond call a beef pie with mashed taters on top "Sheppard's Pie," we're not even classy enough for a Cottage Pie. (We often use hamburger for the beef part.) My wife makes "Clean out the fridge casserole" - leftovers thrown together topped with mashed potatoes...somehow she makes it delicious.

No, shepherds pie is lamb and mash in these parts.

I do a lot of chuck-in-whats-left cooking. I call it student cuisine.

You're not really a southerner,are you?

Hotpot?

Gravy and beans in your pies?

Come out of the closet,my northern friend!:pighug:
Feck me I've stumbled on Jamie (fat faced) olivers thread cook with Itisi beans in Shepherd pies not a northern thing Shepherds pie and cottage pie have mash full stop ya poosh barstools [emoji23] [emoji23]

I toke therfore I am so naaa

Back