Live Stoners Intro thread - first time grower

I see your looking small and stealthy but packs a punch huh?

Here's a few strains I feel if ya put in a 1 gallon pot are perfect for stealth and I have personally grown them...

Mephisto : Sour Crack and sour blues... I have a spur blues in 1 quart of promix and she's gonna be a nice small stealthy plant.

And also Short Stuff Dr.Feelgood.... known to be a smaller strain and packs a hard indica punch.

Oh shoot I almost forgot ..... welcome to AFN lol
Thanks for the info, ill have to look in to sour crack, Dr. Feelgood and sour blues, i just also found "Sweet Dwarf Auto - ADVANCED SEEDS" might try those out in a few months.

Might try one in a quart pot to just see what happens next round.

I have a good 10 strains on my to do list, but I am interested in really only 1 plant at a time if that makes sense to anyone here? Just looking for personal amounts. Heck even an eight oz from my first plant would be enough.

Is there a thread on small plants anywhere?

and thank you for the warm welcome

There are several small strains available, look thru a seedbank's listings. One that comes to mind is call: A Little Kushy, I believe it gets about 14" tall good for 12-20 grams. Many of the dragon strains you read about here are small. Also, small pots usually give small plants. Try a 1 gallon pot.

If your on a budget, you can't grow cheaper than organic! Some organic potting soil and a cheap Nutrient like Jobe's Organic or doctor Earth, etc dry nutes are excellent and cheap.

When you can, get a tent and an inexpensive LED grow light, and not those crappy "light bulb" style either. You can get a 180 watt Mars Hydro UFO style light, or a 300 watt "old style" for less than $75. Then do like I did, upgrade a little at a time!

Hello all,
Call me MU.

I am a first time grower and attempting a small stealth grow.
a bit of background: I worked in the mmj industry in colorado back in the day but was never really "trained" pursue on exactly how to do everything (I mostly trimmed and did their computer work).

I am from colorado but still want to keep things stealthy

I am rather anxious because i dont have the money for all the equipment needed and i went ahead and germinated a seed (an auto fem that i got free) and have it in a promix with a bit of vermiculite added.
I'm reading the forums about what other nutrients i need but at this time i dont have $100s to spend on things so i have to be careful on what i buy. (I do think i have some around the house just not sure they are what is needed).

I was going to buy some other soils but since this was a freebie, i wanted to try it out before i got to my main strain i want to try (royal dwarf), so i put it in the mix stated above. I did water the soil first so hopefully the seeds don't rot on me but continue to grow.

I am a fan of small strains as well as super tall sativas but for some reason these small auto flowers are exactly what I want, need and should have.

Once i have the money im buying a small grow tent. I can't decide if i want to use odor eating CFL's or ozone or a carbon filter either. i know im behind treacherously so, but i live in the country closest neighbors are a mile away. i just don't want a smell in the house at all.

I wish there was a cannabis seed that was auto fem that was only about 8 inches final height and produced maybe 3-5 grams (is there and i don't know about it?). It would be nice to have a stealthy plant like that.

At some point i will be doing some breeding once i find a male and do my own genetics and do the f1 and f2 backcross for it to be autoflowering.

I was planning to use need oil if there are any bugs, or i was planning to go with hot pepper sauce since some habeneros in a spray bottle kill mites.

I do not have much more to say but i am ready to have my own medication and not keep running to the dispensary.

Hey! Welcome to The site for autos!
I just finished growing out the portal automix(NW and Stone strains) from portal giftshop and all 3 were nice sized plants. In 3 gallon pots I pulled 75grams off the first plant(other 2 are drying still). Totally agree with pops22 on lighting. I used one 300w old style mars and one 165w galaxyhydro and the buds on 3 plants are nice and thick, not to mention caked with crystal. With a single marshydro at $75, you will pull wayyy more than an 1/8th.
IMG_3393.JPG

Hello MissU,

I asked if you did an intro in another thread, not knowing that you already did. I can be a bit slow at times. But, welcome to the Auto side of life. Keep posting and take time to enjoy your grows. This should be fun not a strain. Make mistakes and learn. We are here to help, eP.

There are several small strains available, look thru a seedbank's listings. One that comes to mind is call: A Little Kushy, I believe it gets about 14" tall good for 12-20 grams. Many of the dragon strains you read about here are small. Also, small pots usually give small plants. Try a 1 gallon pot.

If your on a budget, you can't grow cheaper than organic! Some organic potting soil and a cheap Nutrient like Jobe's Organic or doctor Earth, etc dry nutes are excellent and cheap.

When you can, get a tent and an inexpensive LED grow light, and not those crappy "light bulb" style either. You can get a 180 watt Mars Hydro UFO style light, or a 300 watt "old style" for less than $75. Then do like I did, upgrade a little at a time!
Thanks for the information, I saw two that I commented on (royal dwarf and sweet dwarf). I plan to get a LED light as soon as I can and a grow tent is coming in the next two weeks. Your knowledge is appreciated! 12-20 grams is enough for me, i try to only use my meds when im in absolute pain, so hopefully a single plant can last me till i do another plant (but its a learning process right?).

Hey! Welcome to The site for autos!
I just finished growing out the portal automix(NW and Stone strains) from portal giftshop and all 3 were nice sized plants. In 3 gallon pots I pulled 75grams off the first plant(other 2 are drying still). Totally agree with pops22 on lighting. I used one 300w old style mars and one 165w galaxyhydro and the buds on 3 plants are nice and thick, not to mention caked with crystal. With a single marshydro at $75, you will pull wayyy more than an 1/8th.
View attachment 524628
Wow that is a nice sized plant, makes me more hopeful that the plants I have will make it through the process.

I have that LED bulb bookmarked and after I buy a tent, that's my next thing on the list in the next few weeks as I get out of germination.

Hello MissU,

I asked if you did an intro in another thread, not knowing that you already did. I can be a bit slow at times. But, welcome to the Auto side of life. Keep posting and take time to enjoy your grows. This should be fun not a strain. Make mistakes and learn. We are here to help, eP.
No worries, as I explained in my other thread on my grow, I am in a lot of pain so I also am slow at times. Thank you for your help, i will keep posting.
I'm sure i'll make mistakes but asking questions is why im here, and hopefully eventually helping others

Good luck and welcome to AFN. You will find more knowledge then you can take in.
thank you

@MissUniverse you will find all kinds of growers here. From guys that breed to caretakers like myself to people that grow their own meds. We all do this for different reasons. I know MMJ works for pain, I have seen it work. That's why I have gotten into growing. There are lots of great Auto seeds out there. Good luck on your grow. :karmacloud:

@MissUniverse you will find all kinds of growers here. From guys that breed to caretakers like myself to people that grow their own meds. We all do this for different reasons. I know MMJ works for pain, I have seen it work. That's why I have gotten into growing. There are lots of great Auto seeds out there. Good luck on your grow. :karmacloud:
Thank you so much for your support, I'm sure eventually I'll be interested in just making my own genetics with photo period eventually (maybe back crossing for auto flower characteristics?), but right now im interested in simply getting by if that makes sense?

I went a head and got a very small grow tent and that LED @912GreenSkell discussed. But I will discuss that in the other thread (https://www.autoflower.org/threads/growing-while-in-extreme-pain-my-journey-so-far.49698/)

Best thing about it, is that's the first grow I have done indoors in over 20 years. I wasn't sure how the cramped quarters and new tech lights would work, but now that I've seen it...sweet!! The stealth cab went from being a novelty, to potentially being able to pull 3/4lb every 70-80 days.

welcome MU. I see the gang has you sorted. look around, take in the sights and info. be sure to check out the bobm/pom thread. some of the prettiest plants on the planet cheers ;)

Back