Extraction Instant pot coconut oil

Reaction score
I was reading about using the instant pot for canna oil but most recipes are using a water bath and sealed mason jar. Any reason why I can’t just add material and oil to the pot directly and process, then strain once fully extracted. What would be a good ratio? I’m looking to make the strongest oil I can make. Material will be budlets and shake. Oil will be high quality coconut oil. Not MCT. Thanks!!!

hi and welcome :pass:no need to go out and buy a fancy pressure cooker just to make some oil.looking for strong oil use buds.how much trim to use hmm as its trim alll of it.

good luck n keep er lit
:pighug:

Thank for the reply. I already have one and I have as much buds and trim and shake as needed. I make many kinds of extractions and this just hit me today about the pressure cooker. I just don’t see any reason to use the mason jars and not just infuse directly in the pot

This can be very simple
1. Decarb at 240 F for 40 min with verifying thermometer.
2. Grind to fine powder.
3. Add enough herb powder to the oil of any recipe to produce the dose you want. Each gram herb used will add about 150 mg thc.
4. Bake and eat.
Gram for gram of original herb, using whole herb is about twice as strong as making strained oil first, but some stomachs can't handle whole herb.

I was reading about using the instant pot for canna oil but most recipes are using a water bath and sealed mason jar. Any reason why I can’t just add material and oil to the pot directly and process, then strain once fully extracted. What would be a good ratio? I’m looking to make the strongest oil I can make. Material will be budlets and shake. Oil will be high quality coconut oil. Not MCT. Thanks!!!
I have been pondering is for about 2 weeks now. Wasnt sure if I should post this question because not sure a pressure cooker makes a difference. I know you have already but a mbm is a much better tool for the job. There're other brands that are cheaper as well. You can do it, but its gonna stink. And when the pressure is released its really gonna stink. Just keep that in mind. The reason for the Mason jars is to keep the smell in. I strongly recommend a mbm, it's simple all you do throw decarbed weed in with butter/coconut oil some lecithin (optional but highly recommended) push time and temp and in 2hrs you got ready to strain and use. You can also make olive oil and tinctures with it. Keeps the smell to area of machine and there is not much of it tho.

You want the strongest coconut oil. How about also consistent from batch to batch within the same harvest? How about as easy to use as a bread machine? Never mind crockpots and fancy cookers. Get a Magical Butter Machine. You can do oil, butter and alcohol extracts in it. And you can do a second cook on your oil, only add 50% as much weed or less for the second batch, the oil can only hold so much extract.

Mine was gifted to me and its one of the best devices I own!

https://magicalbutter.com/

You want the strongest coconut oil. How about also consistent from batch to batch within the same harvest? How about as easy to use as a bread machine? Never mind crockpots and fancy cookers. Get a Magical Butter Machine. You can do oil, butter and alcohol extracts in it. And you can do a second cook on your oil, only add 50% as much weed or less for the second batch, the oil can only hold so much extract.

Mine was gifted to me and its one of the best devices I own!

https://magicalbutter.com/
Hey pop22, I found out the hard way about only being able to hold so much lol. Live and learn.

water can boil at room temperature under vacumn,my eejit head tells me a pressure cooker is kinda like the opposite of that.my concern is under pressure is x temp x or y ?
:pighug:
It's not gonna keep smell in either. Even if I was in a legal state I wouldnt want it stinking up the house. I just dont see any benefit over a mbm. Now if you want to use it after to infuse food with cannabis that's another story. I just make edibles that so I can eat in public with out being noticed, or for timing so it hits me after I arrive somewhere. I wont be on the next episode of Bong Appetit lol so not something I'm gonna use. Although some may, it's a nice little all-in-one cooker.

It's not gonna keep smell in either. Even if I was in a legal state I wouldnt want it stinking up the house. I just dont see any benefit over a mbm. Now if you want to use it after to infuse food with cannabis that's another story. I just make edibles that so I can eat in public with out being noticed, or for timing so it hits me after I arrive somewhere. I wont be on the next episode of Bong Appetit lol so not something I'm gonna use. Although some may, it's a nice little all-in-one cooker.
Im also into medables but i found that if i took a 1/4 and cooked with coconut oil and drain the left over herb I then used to make brownies I could get 16 extra stones. Humm why not incorporate the herb in with capsules to increase the strength. So the new recipie is 1/4 to 2-3 teaspoons coconut oil. After decarboxilation I grind in coffee grinder to a fine powder. Then cook in a jar in a pot of water for 2 hr. I don't strain the herb. My I dropper i made with a Bick pen and I dropper squeeze bulb. I then fill about 40, 00 caps. My resistance is increasing so for a good evening entertainment I'll take 4-5 caps and sit and drool and watch I hate Trump tv. These are strong and at first I was getting hangovers lasting a day or 2 so be careful. I have also made rso that laid u flat. I had trouble walking or getting out of my chair .

Back