Indoor newbie questions

Yes the ts1000 is mars, I thought you were comparing the HLG to the spider farmer sf1000 we were discussing :biggrin:

I'd go with the HLG 135 - more efficient diodes and PPFD or an Autocobs or two
Got it, but do I need the 35 extra watts from the HLG? The spiderfarmer is a good candidate, too.

In all honesty, as I’ve not used either of the two you mentioned I couldn’t say. I’m sure anyone that runs either of those will say they’re great (they are great lights) but I’m in no position to comment really. Before I got the SF I wash using a 600w blurple (not true 600w) and the SF out performs that and I’d recommend it, but only because I’m happy with it, not because I think it’s better than the others.

I grow Autos

You’re not being obnoxious lol! Not really no, but then you do get a bit ‘nose blind’ sometimes. I happen to have my tent in my home office so I’m around it all day. I definitely notice the smell when I open up the tent, usually from about week 5 or 6 when flowering has started
Mate, one last question. What fan are you running in your exhaust and how noisy is it? Thank you for your patience and I wish you many frosty big buds :smoking:

I run ac infinity T series 4" on in&out . Quietest fan I've ever owned.

Can you hear it over a thin wall?
Mine is outside my tent in an open room. Being used to centrifugal fans and their sound, the ac infinitys are a different breed. I usually listened for my fans to know they're on but the ac infinity has fooled me a couple of times.
I have the T series which ramps speed...nice to hear a lack of noise.

Got it, but do I need the 35 extra watts from the HLG? The spiderfarmer is a good candidate, too.

The driver is overdriven to 135 watts which is still within the 20-50w per sqft needed. I'd rather have too much light than too little. The ppfd on the spider farmers is weak with an average 400 across the canopy while the QB fares better at the same height

Mine is outside my tent in an open room. Being used to centrifugal fans and their sound, the ac infinitys are a different breed. I usually listened for my fans to know they're on but the ac infinity has fooled me a couple

+1 on the ACInfinity fans. Higher priced but you would only need a 4 inch. They come with either a speed control/temp sensor or humidity/speed/temp that regulates speed based on your chosen settings.

In a 2x2 you need less than 30cfm, add +25% for long ducting or over 30° turns or a carbon filter to exchange the air every minute and an opening 2-3 times larger so your walls don't suck in from negative pressure

Back