New Grower IN AT THE DEEP END !! - DWC/LED/Remo Nutrients: Fruit Punch Auto/Cheese Auto

Currently, the exhaust is venting back into the room the air is being extracted from. I can switch it to an external vent if needs be.
The fan is running on low speed at the minute too.

That shouldn't be an issue. It's just that you get the air circulating well enough. For comparison, I have 280m3/h in a cabinet a little less than half the size of your tent.

Day 4:
The Fruit punch [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG] is a bit behind the others, but starting to come on now:
Cheese Auto - Day 4
05ff84601f063eedd386c69b7f1ae59f.jpg

Fruit Punch Auto [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG] - Day 4
5cd65d8044f9eb3f588c74dbf892a7cb.jpg

Fruit Punch Auto [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG] Day 4
059c25c4acc66ad3f6e2a9d960f6bb72.jpg

Lights are at 30" and running full bloom/veg

ppm: 218
PH: 6.1
Temp: 26 C
Water Temp: 19.2 C
Humidity 48%

Last edited:
Hi all.
I figured it was time for me to try my first grow after assisting a friend in his grow.
Despite the fact that I am totally new to this game, I decided to run with a full DWC system under LEDs.
Although DWC can be difficult, it does give impressive results when done correctly, so I figured it was the best way to start since I do not have any 'bad habits (as far as DWC goes)' to unlearn from doing other types of growth.

The setup is as follows:
Mars 1.2m x 1.2m x 2m Tent
4" extractor fan and carbon filter
2 x Viparspectra 600w LEDs (276w from the wall each giving a total of 552 Watts) - slightly under the 600w HPS that I was initially planning to use.
Plant!t Aeros IV Master DWC System
Full set of Remo Nutrients @RemoNutrients
Great White
Silica Booster
PH UP
PH DOWN
PH Meter
PPM Meter
Calibration solutions (PH7 and PH4) for the PH Meter
2 x 50 litre containers for water for dechlorination and Nute setup prior to putting in the reservoir.
1 small aquarium pump to fill/empty these containers.
1 dual output air pump with stones to aerate the water prior to transfer to the reservoir - hopefully this will remove some of the PH fluctuations that Aerated DWC water is prone to if I aerate the water well before transferring to the reservoir.
1 temp/humidity meter
1 temp meter with attached probe to take temperatures of the reservoir
1 humidifier (if needed)
1 dehumidifier (if needed)

SEEDS:
1 x Original Seeds Cheese Auto
3 x Heavyweight Seeds Fruit Punch Auto

For the Remo Nutes I will be using, as a guide, the spreadsheet linked by @MedGrower in his grow thread regarding Remo and DWC - I will adapt his amounts as needed for this grow, and will only be using his amounts as a baseline guide.

I will be using tapwater for this grow:
PH: 7.3
PPM: 190
The water will be in containers for at least 2 days before use to let the chlorine dissapate.
I will be running an air pump with 2 airstones to do the aeration before adding nutrients

SETUP:::

05989e3b683a11c144edbc7a8de08081.jpg

More pics to follow
@sanguine
Nice clean setup

Following.
Never grew any of these strains, but I have used Remo (and currently). Pretty good nute line up, VeloKelp and Nature's Candy are my favorites of the line up. Are you planning on using Nature's Candy through veg? I recommend it! Nature's Candy on the Remo feed charts shows to start using it during flower. But have found really beneficial to veg cycle also. Stimulates growth in the root zone and helps uptake. Awesome product. VeloKelp is amazing as a foliar spray. My favorite of the two. Helps with trans shock, growth of new stems, and so forth.

Following.
Never grew any of these strains, but I have used Remo (and currently). Pretty good nute line up, VeloKelp and Nature's Candy are my favorites of the line up. Are you planning on using Nature's Candy through veg? I recommend it! Nature's Candy on the Remo feed charts shows to start using it during flower. But have found really beneficial to veg cycle also. Stimulates growth in the root zone and helps uptake. Awesome product. VeloKelp is amazing as a foliar spray. My favorite of the two. Helps with trans shock, growth of new stems, and so forth.

Yeah. I saw your review .
@MedGrower already had nature's candy put in fairly early - I think around 2-3 weeks in DWC.
I am using his data as a 'start point' and will change the amounts based on how my plants react to the nutes

Following.

As a side question regarding velokelp for Foliar spray - lights on or lights off for the spray?
As this is my very first grow, I have no idea when to do a foliar spray (although the sensible part of me is saying 'do it just after/before lights out) - I am running a 20/4 light cycle

Apologies if I make no sense in my questions....
9 hours of Cider followed by White Widow can make a person unable to format questions in a way that other people can understand...

DAY 5 Update:

Cheese:
882150031beffc5d12228555e7d3409d.jpg

Fruit Punch [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG]:
55c0006ead60c65a90b43a4fe0938212.jpg

Fruit Punch [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG]
fcfb51197eb5c528133383f6cf1eb3a0.jpg

ppm: 210
PH: 6.2
Temp: 26 C
Water Temp: 20.2 C
Humidity 38%

Last edited:
By the looks of it, it's going good! Happy little babies, keep it up! :thumbsup:

Liking the look of them so far.
Still no sign of roots making it out of the pot and into the water yet, but its early days ;)

Back