HushHush does Mephisto

HushHush

Flowery Twats since 1971
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Big Devil x Blueberry
Hello fellow growers,

First of all I’ll admit I have tried journaling a grow and failed miserably. However my confidence has grown in both growing and socially simply due to the excellent experience that AFN is.

I currently have a couple of girls growing but am ready to start my next grow and I’m pretty excited about it.

This time round I am am growing a Mephisto (thanks Brad_mephisto) White Crack in coco under a Skyline 400 (thanks @Muddy-ledhhydroponics) with only Megacrop.

e7cc0b6e7a0df7c8210f78d1c95402ee.jpg

I plan on updating weekly, or as issues arise though usually the issue is me!

Would love to have some peeps following but even if not I’ll shout out loud when I need assistance! Currently unsure wether to top or just LST or just let grow au natural.

Tent - 70cm x 70cm x 160cm
Light - Skyline 400
Strain - Mephisto White Crack
Medium - Canna coco
Nutrient - Megacrop/Calmag if needed
Extraction - Systemair 6” RVK with carbon filter (external)
Clip fan
Pot size - 6 litre

Cheers,

HH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Starting with the next grow, and that will be just a few weeks out, I am going to start going through the Mephisto beans I have. Heard nothing but amazing things about their strains. Just a matter of picking which one...

Subbed!

@HushHush are you just growing 1 plant if so I will suggest bigger pot.
You will get bigger yield with 15l pot maybe get smart pot,
:pass:

I’m more concerned about my little tent mate. Concerned if I used a bigger pot I would struggle for space.

HH

Starting with the next grow, and that will be just a few weeks out, I am going to start going through the Mephisto beans I have. Heard nothing but amazing things about their strains. Just a matter of picking which one...

Subbed!

Same boat mate considering I now have 58 mephisto seeds!

HH

Hey Hush hush
Just dropping by to wish you all the best with your next grow!
The AFN fam are great (as you know) and I'm sure they will have your back and lend a hand when needed.
Seems we are both in coco and using megacrop so I'll be sure to drop by and see how your girls grow!
We are both LED too but I'm using 3 x SANlight S4W's @ 140W each (actual draw) and I'll turning them on one by one through the grow as it is needed.
6" Filter/extractor is big for a 70 x70. Doy have problems with the tent walls sucking in through high negative pressure? Or maybe you're using a fan speed controller?
Canna coco has always been an excellent coco for me and 6 liter pots is a good size, coco pots don't need to be as large as soil grows, thats on of the benefits of it being a hydroponic substrate.
You may want to add some PK boost in bloom phase but be careful because coco is naturally high in Potassium.
In coco under LED your spot on that you may need Cal/mag but what is often over looked and the cause of mystery deficiencies is Iron which is need as much as Cal/mag, whcich I would advise going for A Cal/mag Iron supplement.
Here's a few Cal/Mag supplements with have added iron
  • Humboldts Secret CalMag & Iron
  • VitaLink CalMag (two forms of chelated iron)
  • Botanicare CAL-MAG Plus Plant Supplement 2-0-0 Formula + trace elements
  • Sensi Cal-Mag Xtra
Mephisto Genetics you can't go wrong!
I can't wait to see you Skyline 400, it's not an LED I have seen in use but I hear good things.

Is any of that helpful? I just read through your list and spoke my mind, I hope that's ok, I have been known to ramble on lol!

I’m more concerned about my little tent mate. Concerned if I used a bigger pot I would struggle for space.

HH

In coco you don't need a bigger pot, than you already have or you'll might outgrow your tent.
I have seen really large plants in 4 Liters, It is a hydroponic substrate, just keep adding nutes at the correct rave PH'd, with maybe some cal/mag and you should be golden.
I imagine you are running "drain to waste"? If you are then a 20% - 30% run off is good and then disposed of (I use a wet/Dry Vacuum to suck it up).

Back