How to properly produce Feminized Autoflowering Seeds?

Hemposapien

Happy Growing!
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Terple,
High y'all!

I am loving the autoflowers but the seeds are the biggest ongoing cost which really frustrates me. I have found a few links about how to produce photoperiod feminized seeds but none relating to autoflowers. If anyone has a link that could assist me or even direct hands on experience, your input would be greatly appreciated.

Here's the links that I found so far:
https://www.growweedeasy.com/how-to-make-feminized-marijuana-seeds

But there's nothing about producing feminized autoflowering seeds in any of these links.
My assumption is that producing fem photoperiod seeds is the same as producing fem autoflower seeds.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Happy Growing!

Last edited:
Welcome to AFN! I'm glad you are finding useful information! The process of reversing a female plant is the same for both photos and autos. There are different ways to do it. You have to find the one that works best for you. Some people use colliadal silver.. Some use STS. There are journals on here that have step by step instructions for both. I use STS. Here is a link to the journal I made for STS. You can also use the search box and type in "reversal" and it should pull up a few journals as well.

High y'all!

I am loving the autoflowers but the seeds are the biggest ongoing cost which really frustrates me. I have found a few links about how to produce photoperiod feminized seeds but none relating to autoflowers. If anyone has a link that could assist me or even direct hands on experience, your input would be greatly appreciated.

Here's the links that I found so far:
https://www.growweedeasy.com/how-to-make-feminized-marijuana-seeds

But there's nothing about producing feminized autoflowering seeds in any of these links.
My assumption is that producing fem photoperiod seeds is the same as producing fem autoflower seeds.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Happy Growing!

If you make a male branch on an autoflower female, collect the pollen, and use it to fertilize a female autoflower, you will get feminized autoflower seeds. If you do this within one stable strain rather than crossing strains, you should have some idea what you will get out the other end. If you cross strains, the variation among seeds will be higher, maybe a lot higher.

Have fun, and let us know how you make out. :goodluck:

Welcome to AFN! I'm glad you are finding useful information! The process of reversing a female plant is the same for both photos and autos. There are different ways to do it. You have to find the one that works best for you. Some people use colliadal silver.. Some use STS. There are journals on here that have step by step instructions for both. I use STS. Here is a link to the journal I made for STS. You can also use the search box and type in "reversal" and it should pull up a few journals as well.

High Proph

Thanks for the link, I'll check it out tonight! Never heard of STS , excited to learn about it. Hopefully it doesn't require an expensive ingredient like colloidal silver. Anyways, all the best and happy growing!

If you make a male branch on an autoflower female, collect the pollen, and use it to fertilize a female autoflower, you will get feminized autoflower seeds. If you do this within one stable strain rather than crossing strains, you should have some idea what you will get out the other end. If you cross strains, the variation among seeds will be higher, maybe a lot higher.

Have fun, and let us know how you make out. :goodluck:
High OlderFart,

I agree cross breeding is a whole other process , I'm just looking to get strains that are already well developed and stockpile seeds of my favorite strains. Just wondering how many seeds can one run produce with 1 plant? For example, I'd be producing seeds with 1 plant (only because I think I won't have enough pollen for all 3). Also, With the other 2 fem auto plants I have in the tent can I still produce bud from them or if they're in the tent with the pollinated plant will all of them become pollinated and produce seeds?

Thanks so much to you and Proph for your input.

Happy Growing!

$20 on Amazon. I used it and it works great. I still have 90% of the bottle and I have enough seeds for quite awhile.
Depending on how much of a Mom you pollinate you can end up with a few seeds or a few hundred.

I flipped a Blackberry gum from seed stockers and then pollinated 3 different plants. 1 was another Blackberry gum, 1 was a Mephisto SODK and the last was a Mephisto Northern cheese haze. I got 30-40 seeds from each plant along with 50 from the plant I flipped. it also produced flowers and she self pollinated.
I have had a 90% germ rate on my seeds. My best advice would be to start the plant you want to flip at least 1 month if not 2 before the rest of your crop otherwise your plants will be over ripe to get the seeds to where they are viable.
YOU SHOULD NOT SMOKE THE PLANT YOU SPRAY!!!

51PHDNSIpiL._SL1007_.jpg

Colloidal Silver Solution, 50 PPM,

Last edited:
High OlderFart,

I agree cross breeding is a whole other process , I'm just looking to get strains that are already well developed and stockpile seeds of my favorite strains. Just wondering how many seeds can one run produce with 1 plant? For example, I'd be producing seeds with 1 plant (only because I think I won't have enough pollen for all 3). Also, With the other 2 fem auto plants I have in the tent can I still produce bud from them or if they're in the tent with the pollinated plant will all of them become pollinated and produce seeds?

Thanks so much to you and Proph for your input.

Happy Growing!
I haven't done it, so take my opinion accordingly. Having said that, I seriously doubt that you need to worry about having enough pollen. If you treat even part of one plant, you will get enough to do however many plants you will fit into your tent. As for mixing pollinated females for seed and unpollinated plants for bud, it should be doable reasonably well once you have your pollen. I suspect the challenge will be getting your pollen from a male in the same tent as your females without fertilizing all the females in the process. If you have two tents, you are golden. Just make pollen in tent #1 while keeping untreated females in tent #2. Once you have your pollen, use a watercolor brush to manually fertilize as many buds as you like. You may get a few extra seeds here and there, but no biggie.

Others on here may be able to advise how to do this with one tent, but absent other ideas, I would just stagger germination so that you get the pollen collected before the females are capable of being fertilized. Again, isolation needn't be perfect, a random seed here or there isn't that big a deal if the stuff is for your own consumption. You could also just dedicate an entire grow to seeds, in which case just get them all together in the tent with your fan, and magic will happen without fuss.

Good luck, and let us know how you make out. :goodluck:

I haven't done it, so take my opinion accordingly. Having said that, I seriously doubt that you need to worry about having enough pollen. If you treat even part of one plant, you will get enough to do however many plants you will fit into your tent. As for mixing pollinated females for seed and unpollinated plants for bud, it should be doable reasonably well once you have your pollen. I suspect the challenge will be getting your pollen from a male in the same tent as your females without fertilizing all the females in the process. If you have two tents, you are golden. Just make pollen in tent #1 while keeping untreated females in tent #2. Once you have your pollen, use a watercolor brush to manually fertilize as many buds as you like. You may get a few extra seeds here and there, but no biggie.

Others on here may be able to advise how to do this with one tent, but absent other ideas, I would just stagger germination so that you get the pollen collected before the females are capable of being fertilized. Again, isolation needn't be perfect, a random seed here or there isn't that big a deal if the stuff is for your own consumption. You could also just dedicate an entire grow to seeds, in which case just get them all together in the tent with your fan, and magic will happen without fuss.

Good luck, and let us know how you make out. :goodluck:
That's awesome to hear because I have 2 tents. I'm excited to try this! I'll post my journey when ready.

That's awesome to hear because I have 2 tents. I'm excited to try this! I'll post my journey when ready.
Hey, pollen keeps, so get lots and more seeds can be made next time around without making male parts. I think some mix it with flour, but someone else who knows what they are doing will likely chime in to point you to the best threads. At any rate, you should be able to make it once and use it for multiple seed grows if you want to. Hey, you might even play with the odd cross or two just to generate some randomized mischief. :biggrin:

Back