How much water and how often?

Those spots look like dried nutrient solution to me. I use megacrop, feel free to hit me with any questions.
You’re plant is under watered…. I can’t tell what size that pot is, so I’ll assume it’s a 3 gallon…..in that case I would be watering about a gallon of nutrient solution as needed. Let your pot dry out between feedings, and then give a full watering….and so on. As stated above, the best way is to go by the weight. When it’s fully dry, it will be unbelievably light.

During the seedling phase, personally, I increase feed with each watering. You don’t want to fully saturate the pot in this phase. Instead just water in a circle around the seedling….each time you water, increase the amount and diameter. You should only need to do this during the first 15 days or so. Eventually you’ll do a light soaking around day 15, then full feedings after that. During the seedling phase you’re trying to coax the roots out into the full pot. If you over feed early on, her roots will not spread out, and she’ll stay small….
Feel free to tag me with any questions :pass:
Makes sense. Appreciate it man!

Those spots look like dried nutrient solution to me. I use megacrop, feel free to hit me with any questions.
You’re plant is under watered…. I can’t tell what size that pot is, so I’ll assume it’s a 3 gallon…..in that case I would be watering about a gallon of nutrient solution as needed. Let your pot dry out between feedings, and then give a full watering….and so on. As stated above, the best way is to go by the weight. When it’s fully dry, it will be unbelievably light.

I currently water each plant with over 16 oz of just water, w/out mega crop, for each (yes, 3 gallon pots) plant every other day. Should I add mega crop to each watering, and if so, how much and how often should I add to the gallon?

I've never heard of Mega Crop, but do a search here & see does anyone use it. They will give you better advice.
But nutrient lockout happens for different reasons. One of the most common is wrong ph. You'd have to tell people the nutrients you use, how much/often you feed, what is the ph of your water after you've added nutrients.
You could cut down on the nutrients you're feeding to reduce Nitrogen & flush the plant with lots of water.
As for the white marks. Try to gently rub them off with your finger or a slightly damp tissue & watch out to see if it comes back. It's usually caused by humidity being too high for too long.
That all just my opinion. So try to get more advice here if you can.
Thanks.. will do.

I feed with nutes every feed. 2 or 3 grams per gallon is what I would start with if I were you at this stage, with this plant.

Would you suggest fully saturating the pot from sprout? Or only once your plants fill the pot? Currently on my first grow. Appreciate your help!

If I was you I would get some trays and something to raise the fabric pots off the tray floors. Over watering is a concern mainly in seedling stage,so watch what you give it then.
Once your plants are about half way into the veg stage,i wouldn't worry too much about overwatering. I usually feed them until it runs out of the bottom and into the tray,that way you know your whole pot is pretty much getting saturated and that will make your roots grow bigger and you will get bigger plants and buds.

@Exidor:welcome:Welcome to AFN:welcome:.

Do not flush soil!

When you need to water/fertigate think about feeding and nurturing the MICROBES in the pot. The microbes feed the plant (ok not with Mega Crop which is a salt fertilizer and is readily available to the plant).

What you need to learn about watering will come with practice. Here are the basic rules: Never let the soil dry out. Soil and or coco can become hydrophobic if allowed to dry. This means it repels water. This in turn will create dry pockets in the soil and the roots and microbes will die there. If your soil - coco have accidentally dried out use a surfactant to help re-wet it. I like yucca powder. Don't let soil remain soggy by watering too much too often. Root rot, damping off, molds, fungus gnats and other problems start in soggy soil. When you do water water the entire pot. How to learn when to water starts before you plant the seed. Fill your container with fresh soil/coco and weigh it (heft it) this is the lightest weight and consider it a dry pot. Now slowly water until the soil/coco will no longer absorb the water and run-off begins; weigh the pot (heft it) this is the maximum water, the wettest the pot can get. The difference between wettest and driest is the maximum water weight, for ease of explanation lets just say the water weighs 20 pounds. When the pot loses 10 pounds (half of the water weight) it is time to water again. Slowly wet ALL of the soil until run-off begins. There is an art to watering.

I concur that the white spots on the leaves is from the MC.

Yes I also agree that your plants are getting too much nitrogen. Too much nitrogen can lock out Potassium and Calcium.

2021-01-23_16-05-01.jpg

Attempting to flush soil - A hydroponic practice and slightly beneficial to a Peat based soil mix will only cause problems in compost based soils. What happens with compost based soil is the water soluble elements will wash out of the pot leaving behind the more insoluble creating a pot that is far out of balance with no way to get the balance back in the short lifetime of a cannabis plant.

In your case just water with water PH to 6.3 for a week and see if things get better.

PH should not be a problem in most soils as long as your inputs are in range. Many precharged soils use Dolomite Lime for long term calcium and magnesium so little to none is generally needed.

:goodluck:

Back