Live Stoners Hop Latent Viroid (HLVd)

Yes @Mossy
One guy in Germany wanted to use some cuts from the US for breeding. After a test he put all plants in the bin. The cuts and some of the offspring seeds was infected.

Pssht..... :pass: .. I was kinda having a fancy for a photoperiod....:watering:.... guess I'm not bothering now..I ain't mucking up 40 generations for a Whim.....

Well, when it didn't get that much of a response,

Yeah...I flew past it ...:headbang:...I was #stonedtotheBone :zen:....just checking it wasn't A different one...

Yes I got problems years ago with my chilli breeding and tobacco mosaic virus.

Next moth I got a meeting with a hope farmer and beer brewer. He knows much about the virus maybe I can get a bit inside from their work and share it.
That should provide some valid information!

Viroids are opportunistic infections, generally need the right or even ideal conditions to spread and establish their infection, and small time tent growers growing from seeds (most of what we see on AFN) don't have these risk factors.

I presume viroids are very serious ongoing problems for the legal commercial grows. These seem to be where all the hype is centered. These presumably have essentially perfect conditions for viroid spread within the facility, including using mother plants, cuttings, cloning, etc., facility-wide interconnected and likely even recycled water supplies, have poor sanitation/hygiene, workers don't wear clean disposable (or freshly washed) outer clothing, they likely don't test and don't really want to know if their crops are infected (the CEO, investors, consumers, regulators, etc. might get upset), etc.

Last edited:
Back