Live Stoners Hop Latent Viroid (HLVd)

Well, when it didn't get that much of a response, I felt the topic was important enough that it needed its own thread.
Because this is an issue we’ve discussed several times already….pretty sure you were present for some of them…

The consensus was, and is….. show me the infected plants. We, collectively, grow a shit load of weed, from various sources.

Is this issue as prevalent as they make it seem …. Or are they practicing capitalism..?

Yes you a right bro , I only used tested cuts for breeding.
That's very responsible of you!
Naturally you would want to test your breeding candidates before but breeding but with the way this stuff seemingly can be transmitted, to assure nothing was passed to the seeds, a test at the end of the life seeded girl would also be warranted .
Because this is an issue we’ve discussed several times already….pretty sure you were present for some of them…

The consensus was, and is….. show me the infected plants. We, collectively, grow a shit load of weed, from various sources.

Is this issue as prevalent as they make it seem …. Or are they practicing capitalism..?
I remember some of that info, but can it be retrieved easily? This stuff is not going away. I think having info in one place is important.

Well in this particular video, I think it's a bit hyped, especially with the title of it! I'm not going to begrudge anybody with some honest capitalism! As long as what info this doc was giving out was Factual, I don't have any problem with it. Anytime something is hyped, it raises a red flag with me!

That's very responsible of you!
Naturally you would want to test your breeding candidates before but breeding but with the way this stuff seemingly can be transmitted, to assure nothing was passed to the seeds, a test at the end of the life seeded girl would also be warranted .

I remember some of that info, but can it be retrieved easily? This stuff is not going away. I think having info in one place is important.

Well in this particular video, I think it's a bit hyped, especially with the title of it! I'm not going to begrudge anybody with some honest capitalism! As long as what info this doc was giving out was Factual, I don't have any problem with it. Anytime something is hyped, it raises a red flag with me!
We’ve been hearing about it for more than a year now…. so I’d say it’s at least partially hype…

The thing is how many of us home growers are going to have our stuff tested for it and that is (as far as I know) the only for sure way to know yours/my plants are infected. I haven’t watched the video because those guys do alot of clickbait videos and the more I learn about the HLVD the more paranoid I get. Bottom line unless we all start sending plants out for testing it is all speculation

I think the breeders and clone sellers have to set up this test as a standard.
Some of the hype and fear about the virus remind me to the tobacco mosaic virus years ago.
I do agree that there needs to be a standard for breeders, clone sellers and seed makers.

That tobacco mosaic virus was a definite concern back when I was gardening and especially with tomatoes. But it definitely has been hyped at times.

I do agree that there needs to be a standard for breeders, clone sellers and seed makers.

That tobacco mosaic virus was a definite concern back when I was gardening and especially with tomatoes. But it definitely has been hyped at times.
Yes I got problems years ago with my chilli breeding and tobacco mosaic virus.

Next moth I got a meeting with a hope farmer and beer brewer. He knows much about the virus maybe I can get a bit inside from their work and share it.

That's the lab me and my friends use. They are friends from one of my crew members.

Wow... Cheers @tobe ...I thought it was majority a US problem.

With no hops grown around me ...and 100% my own crosses I should be relatively immune....?....... :pass:

Wow... Cheers @tobe ...I thought it was majority a US problem.

With no hops grown around me ...and 100% my own crosses I should be relatively immune....?....... :pass:
I talked to some of the German influencers and grow supporters about the virus and I know they got it on their list.
I hope it's like other standards in Germany their are not much real breeders in Germany the most are seed resellers and it's a waste of time to teach them. It's more important that cuts that come across the boarder will be tested and don't find the way on the market.

@Antonio_DutchPassion what are your thoughts about the virus.

Back